Giro d'Italia *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Zoncolan gearing again
http://www.cyclingwe...6-sprocket.html
Millarssprocketandrings1.jpg

I'll take the bb power pack option with that too please.

Ball

Two stages, i think it's 18 and 19, or maybe 17 and 18, have long downhills just before the finish. Does anyone think Nibali, and if he can recruit a few others, will try and attack Contador on these days?

I really hope so. One ends with 10km still to go to the line, so might not work, although Contador may be lacking domestiques at that point. The other flattens out only 4km to the line. It's a big chance.

Although of course, Contador could always negate any chance by attacking Nibali on the climb.

raindog

er.....
Two stages, i think it's 18 and 19, or maybe 17 and 18, have long downhills just before the finish. Does anyone think Nibali, and if he can recruit a few others, will try and attack Contador on these days?
Nibali's a fighter so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries. Going to be alot of knackered riders this week though.
Today's TT profile!

stage_16_profile_600.jpg

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Before the race I would have said that this was Pinotti's stage, but he's been ill apparently - he's on the road now, but we'll see if he's recovered.

I wonder what meat he had in his sandwiches today, didn't look like he pushed it hard and he won by nearly 35 seconds!

beastie

Guru
I wonder what meat he had in his sandwiches today, didn't look like he pushed it hard and he won by nearly 35 seconds!
This is why Contador is so frustrating. He is obviously a fantastic bike rider, and has been immense since he first won the white jersey at the TDF. He didn't need to dope to be a superstar. I thought he was just a great climber!
Then the day he took everyone including Cancelarra to the feckin cleaners on a flat TT course was the day I stopped supporting him. Even Sean Kelly said it was unbelievable.

Contador looks skeletal and washed out IMO - grey skinned. Like Landis did when he stormed up alpe d'huez in 2006 - the same grey hue. Its difficult to tell whether it's just exhuastion or something else. An amazing ride though nontheless. I'm really in two minds about him.

Keith Oates

Janner
It was a great ride by Contador and I don't think for one minute that he's taking drugs in this Giro. Whether the microscopic amount of a substance that was detected in last years TdF was such a strong additive that it was all he needed to win the race, I'll leave to all the other experts to decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom