Giro d'Italia *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Contador is just a machine. Watching him live on tele and he is just dropping the rest of the field - incredible. 7.5 km and he is off the front with just one other rider. He looks so fresh compared to the other riders.

raindog

er.....
That's Rujano - the only one who stayed with him on Etna too.

gavintc

Guru
Doesn't look like there will be anyone else who is going to be within sight of Bertie

3 min lead and with only mountains between here and Milan. Even the TT on Tue is uphill ! I cannot see the pink jersey changing again unless he forgets to keep his appointments with his medical assistant.

Rujano wasn't a surprise after Etna, Gadret 3rd was, as were a few others but really, it's hard to see who'll challenge Bertie. Scrap for 2nd and 3rd will be more interesting.

Keith Oates

Janner
Contador is proving beyind doubt that he is the best of the bunch so far in this race, it's not all over yet but I can't see anyone knocking him off the perch now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the bloke with a steak on a string, dangling it in front of Contador :biggrin:

Good stage today. Contador didn't look as strong and Nibali rode well but Anton deserved the win.

Big mix up in the GC today, tomorrow should be interesting.

fozzy

yeah tomorrow should be good. thought contador paid very slightly for efforts yesterday, but he still looked the least uncomfortable today. i personally think his tactical ability is underestimated, why would he put maximum effort in to chase down igor anton? or any other gc contendor? they all have to beat him, not the other way around. great stage, may have to get over there at some point soon and do that hill.

RoyPSB

Über Member
The bloke with the steak on a string was hilarious. Anyone know what was written on his chest and stomache?

Quite relived to see the stage finish without any spectator incidents with Contador. Also, looked like a couple of the team bike crews were having a bit of a disagreement at one point.

Top Bottom