Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Granddaughter yesterday...
(I'd asked what she wanted to watch on the tablet)

'Squishy Slime Balloons....but not Pop'
Me to her mum...
'Is there even a section for Squishy Slime Balloons not pop?'
'Yep, they squash the balloons but dont pop them'

Peculiarly specific from a 3 year old .(cant engage emojis, but confused face)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
"I want a GP appointment tomorrow"
"Sorry no appointments free but if you phone after 8 o'clock tomorrow morning I can give you one then"

Elder Son (ES) was telling us about the customers they have for the JobRad scheme (our version of "Bike to work"):

ES: They all get a high-end mountain bike as an E-Bike, and then cover it with mudguards and a luggage rack, and lights and all the other stuff they need for a commuter; it looks ridiculous with nobbly tyres.
Andy In Germany: Why do they get an MTB then? They could use a hybrid
ES: Because they think an MTB looks really cool.
AinG: Really? If I had that sort of chance I'd go for a Surly Long Haul Trucker myself.
ES: Yeah Dad, but you're weird.

Fair enough I suppose...

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
Today
My boss: I am aware you spend a lot of time mopping up after S, she only does half a job because she knows you will do the rest, as from end of play tomorrow that stops, she will be doing everything.

Somehow I don't think that is going to work but thought it best to keep my mouth shut.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
In Mountain Warehouse..
made purchases,
asked if I want an email receipt,
'Yeah, ok'
Email address please
'45b********** and girl said , eh,sorry, email address?
:laugh:
that is the first part of my email address, laughs all round ..
They checked an out of their stock item and located the same in nearby Stirling,
off to there and I paid and got asked the same question and when asked I started 45blah, sorry Sir, your email address please..
I love confusion...

gbb

Legendary Member
I live In a modest urban estate, not terrible but with plentry of fly tipping problems. One specific area has had multiple fly tips and someone who lives adjacent to it has been prosecuted.
As we walked to the shops, we see a young fella walking furniture, bags of rubbish and all sorts to the spot. My wife started taking photos with view to reporting it to the local councillor.
2 young fellas walk past him, towards us.
Why are you taking photos ?'
'Because this is a bad area for fly tipping'
'You have no rights to take photos'
'Yes we do my friend, I we think people are flytipping' I calmly explained.
'I am bringing my car later and we will take it away '
'Then no problem my friend, but realise it makes people very angry to do that'
'Do you live round here?'...(as if I have no business)
'Yes I do'
A few words, no anger as we walked alongside toward the shops. Could turn funny in a moment but sometimes this kind of thing needs challenging.

Blow me, on the way back, an old lady is walking along and pushed a load of scrunched up scratch cards through some shops fencing into a garden centre .

'That's disgraceful, you should be ashamed of yourself, what kind of example does that set the youngsters...take your rubbish home and put it in your own bin'
All said quite calmly but firmly.
She didnt respond, just walked on. I can only hope it will sting her into some decent behaviour.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I live In a modest urban estate, not terrible but with plentry of fly tipping problems. One specific area has had multiple fly tips and someone who lives adjacent to it has been prosecuted.
As we walked to the shops, we see a young fella walking furniture, bags of rubbish and all sorts to the spot. My wife started taking photos with view to reporting it to the local councillor.
'Yes I do'
A few words, no anger as we walked alongside toward the shops. Could turn funny in a moment but sometimes this kind of thing needs challenging.

Blow me, on the way back, an old lady is walking along and pushed a load of scrunched up scratch cards through some shops fencing into a garden centre .

'That's disgraceful, you should be ashamed of yourself, what kind of example does that set the youngsters...take your rubbish home and put it in your own bin'
All said quite calmly but firmly.
She didnt respond, just walked on. I can only hope it will sting her into some decent behaviour.
You're braver than me. I saw a young couple throw their empty drinks cup on the ground the other day but didn't want to risk saying anything to them.

Hope your comments do some good!

Reactions: gbb

oldwheels

Legendary Member
"What is your name please?"
So I give my name.
"Yes but we need your real name "
Voice rising somewhat in annoyance. " That is my real name "
Confusion all round. Sometimes it is good to have a memorable name but can have drawbacks.

gbb

Legendary Member
Shameless eldest granddaughter (14) lauding..
Me at the beginning of her new term last year, she's doing most subjects at level 7 to 9, few students have ever been doing such high grades there.
'Is it hard ?'
'Phew, yes, its Incredibly hard'

Me last week, a few month later...
'How you doing ?,, finding it easier now ?'
'Its easy, I'm bored tbh. '

'Grandad, can you help me with this ?'...showing me some homework..
I looked at it....
'Sorry darling, I dont even understand the question ...' strewth....

Yesterday she was telling me what she is doing for a science project later this year.
'I need some sponsorship, I'm doing some gene editing experiments basically'
Me...
'Whaaaat, when we were kids, we made spice racks or copper ashtrays :smile:'

And she is independent, goes for what she wants..
I'm working on my other DILs car today as GD walked past...
Me
'I hear you've pierced your ears'
'Yep, look....'
'Did you use ice and a clean needle?'
'Nah, I didnt use ice, just a clean needle, it was ok'
'What made you want more earrings ?'
'I was bored last night, I thought why not '

Intelligent, a rock chick as a teacher called her, guitar playing, drum playing, ballet dancer..she is a shining light in the family.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
'Yes I do'
Flytipping was not taken away as the fella we talked to said it would. Local councillor has seen it, collected evidence from bags, flytipper identified, council are going to prosecute...and guess what ? they were prosecuted for exactly the same last year, they live within yards of the stuff they have tipped, the dumb knuckledraggers. I dearly hope they hammer them and they can't pay so get a custodial sentence instead. Other neighbours have also identified them as the flytippers as well.

Got a letter from the Employment Agency telling me to contact an organisation I'd been interviewed with before. The interview went really well, but on that occasion they wanted someone for the residential section, and I'm not really experienced for that.

Now they need someone for the wood workshop, which is exactly my training, so I gave them a call:

(phone rings)

Team manager: Hello this is Next Town Rehabilitation Centre
Andy in Germany: Hi, this is Andy in Germany, I did a interview with you a few months back...
TM: Hi Andy, good to hear from you, this is S*******,
AinG: Hi S_________. Um... The Employment Agency sent a letter saying I should contact you.
TM: Yeah, they sent me one as well. Are you interested?
AinG: Very much so. How should I go forward, do you want my CV and everything?
TM: Oh, we don''t need to mess about with all that, I've got it all on file here. I just need an email saying you're interested and we'll take it from there...

Hmm... Maybe this could work out. And it's a traffic free 10k cycle commute as well...

Postscript: they didn't give me the job.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Just out of the shower I could hear some cufuffle from downstairs where eldest daughter and the mutt are and go down to see whats going on.

"Have you been tormenting that poor, innocent harmless little doggy again?"
ED: :ohmy: "Harmless? Innocent? She's been a pain as usual!"
Me: "Why?"
ED: "She's been chewing that green thing."
Me: "What green thing?"
ED: "You know, that green thing with the thingies on for cleaning."
Me: "The green thing with the thingies for cleaning? Well that narrows it down!"
ED laughing: "You know what I mean! I took it off her and put over there next to the thingy."
Me: "Lemmie get this straight, It's a green thing. With thingies on for cleaning. And it's over there next to a thingy. Yes?"
ED: "Yes!"
Me: :huh:
I walk over to the shelving unit. The Thingy.
I pick up the thing with the thingies on for cleaning.
Me: "This?"
ED: "Yeah! That!"
Me: "It's a duster you plum!"

KIDS!

Top Bottom