Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That's interesting - my sister has had to deal with a similar issue here in the UK recently when buying a house to retire to. The house was sold as having 3 parking spaces but her solicitor spotted that half of the outermost space was actually beyond the legal boundary of the property. Because the space had been used unchallenged for over 20 years, the vendor was able to get the property boundary changed by the UK land registry.

Good luck resolving your problem!
That is not an uncommon situation. People often "steal " a bit of land to extend their boundary and mostly nobody notices. I once had to go with a surveyor round the extensive boundaries of a business which had all sorts of assorted bits of land. We had the title deeds with us to check and discovered many cases where a wall for example had been replaced a few yards beyond the actual boundary and mostly not in our favour. He told me that he found this situation quite often.

One of our clients in the "basic" group (Severe disability, minimal work so she has something to do) is in a room we have to walk through to get to other parts of the workshop. She likes this as she can talk to us (and anyone else who come in). She's older than me but has a mental age of about seven. She can be quite stroppy; especially when we tell she can't have sweets.

Other times she's okay and can be quite sweet when she starts random conversations with you, like today when I walked through:

Client: Herr InGermany
AinG: (Wondering what might come next) Yes Frau ____________?
Client: (Utter conviction): Soon it will Be Christmas.
(Leans back in satisfaction)...

That was all that was required from her point of view...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
One of our clients in the "basic" group (Severe disability, minimal work so she has something to do) is in a room we have to walk through to get to other parts of the workshop. She likes this as she can talk to us (and anyone else who come in). She's older than me but has a mental age of about seven. She can be quite stroppy; especially when we tell she can't have sweets.

Other times she's okay and can be quite sweet when she starts random conversations with you, like today when I walked through:

Client: Herr InGermany
AinG: (Wondering what might come next) Yes Frau ____________?
Client: (Utter conviction): Soon it will Be Christmas.
(Leans back in satisfaction)...

That was all that was required from her point of view...
There's a bloke a bit like that who uses the same swimming pool as me. Big black guy with a booming baritone voice, who'll often greet random fellow dressers with a loud "IS IT WARM OUTSIDE?", or "TODAY THE SUN SETS AT 8.19". I'm pleased to say that in all the years I've witnessed such encounters, I've never seen anyone respond (after the initial shock) with anything but courtesy and kindness.

There's a bloke a bit like that who uses the same swimming pool as me. Big black guy with a booming baritone voice, who'll often greet random fellow dressers with a loud "IS IT WARM OUTSIDE?", or "TODAY THE SUN SETS AT 8.19". I'm pleased to say that in all the years I've witnessed such encounters, I've never seen anyone respond (after the initial shock) with anything but courtesy and kindness.

Today she grumbled about about "having to come here" so when I next came through I was expecting her to be a bit moody.

In stead she called me over and started singing the Flipper theme tune, bless her...

I bumped into the boyfriend of my next door neighbour just now ( she is 70 he is 72) .
We talked about his break and then cycling.
Him: My older brother was a really keen cyclist
Me: Oh so when did he give up and why?
Him: He was riding his newish 5K Titanium bike down by the canal last week,( Burnham on Crouch) the bars on it were 500 quid by themselves. A guy stopped him with a mask on, demanded his bike, when he refused he pushed him off his bike and rode off on it.

Scum off the earth attacking a guy in his mid 70's for his beloved bike!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Me: (Bends down to pick up a paving slab) Urrgh, I've sat in the bird bath.
C: :laugh: :laugh: You couldn't do that again if you tried.
Me: I wouldn't bank on that. :blush:

gbb

Legendary Member
Taking 2 grandchildren (4 and 6) for their now becoming ritual Sunday bike ride after dinner. I walk behind, we do a circuit or 6 of the school carpark then a path ride around the block.
From either... or both of them....
Grandad, are we going for a bike ride ?
Yes, after dinner.
Grandad, are we going yet ?
Yes, after I've cleaned up the dinner stuff.
Grandad, are we going then ?
Yep, give me a minute, soon.
Once out the door it continues....
Grandad, are we going this way?
No, we're going to the school carpark where it's safe.
Grandad, are we going past the park ?
We'll see.
Grandad, are we going to the park ?
Let's see if its wet, maybe we can, maybe not.
Grandad, can we go to the park now ?

When we have done at the park I say..
Righto kiddos, let's go.
Can we go this way ?
Why do you want to go that way ?
Because its longer grandad.

And so on...and so on...and so on.
Conniving little beggars, everything they say has an aim, to get what they want.

They get it of course..and then some.
Both with stabilisers, 4 year old grandaughter has been lazy up to today, preferring me to push her but today shes pedalled like a goodun

All uphill

Still rolling along
I was waiting outside the supermarket people-watching while Ms Alluphill bought stuff.

Young man talking loudly on his mobile:

"Yeh, yeah I'm in the garden, see you when you get home"

Why lie about being in Tesco's car park? 🤔

I was waiting outside the supermarket people-watching while Ms Alluphill bought stuff.

Young man talking loudly on his mobile:

"Yeh, yeah I'm in the garden, see you when you get home"

Why lie about being in Tesco's car park? 🤔

Perhaps they normally shop at Waitrose.

Or possibly because his mum reminded him that the dinner was in the oven and had he taken it out yet?

Kryton521

Über Member
Me: "Seriously? You've raced to get past me to get to the red light first!"
Her: Closes car window. And pretends I'm not there.
Me: "Oi! No Nutz? I'm still f**king here! Why race to the red light, overtaking me and then indicating to turn left into T***os?"
Her: Stares blankly ahead.
Me: "Did you have to practise to get that f**king stupid? And yes I am going to continue shouting at you! Right up to the moment the lights change and you find you can't turn left because I'M STILL F**king HERE!!!"

"Stupid is as stupid does!" And yes I was seriously triggered by being overtaken 20 metres short of a red light. Waste of effort on my part. But I enjoyed it!

Top Bottom