Giving away unwanted stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
A few months ago there was a thread about a google/yahoo group in which you could advertise unwanted items. Can anyone remember what the website is ?

Thanks
Andrew

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Freecycle

Arch

Married to Night Train
A textbook set of moves there, Question, Answer, Thanks. Excellent work. Gold Medal standard.

If only more threads could be so succinct and polite!;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
There now, you 've left the ears, I knew it, your eyes were bigger than your belly there weren't they?

I got my spin dryer on Freecycle, and then later I gave someone a bucketful of my pond water. There's karma...

simoncc

But if you do sign up for freecycle set up a dedicated email address for it. You get dozens, sometimes a hundred of emails a day about all sorts of stuff people want to offload and they clog up your inbox.

Night Train

Maker of Things
You can set up freecycle to give you bulletins with a load of emails on each one, I get about 2-4 bulletins a day. The down side is that you can miss on a lot of the popular giveaways as it takes longer to get the offers.

domtyler

Über Member
Don't forget that all these consumer items are manufactured by poor people in developing nations, so each time you reuse or recycle a small child in the third world dies.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
domtyler said:
Don't forget that all these consumer items are manufactured by poor people in developing nations, so each time you reuse or recycle a small child in the third world dies.

I know its difficult to believe folks but dom thinks no-one can see through his Forestgumpish market-populist emotional blackmail....
....he is insulting YOU! :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom