Glasgow - CMW games road closures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Edit: forgot to ask... I presume this incident cost you a lock?
Ta for asking: they cut the chain, put the lot in the panniers so I still have the lock, only need a new chain. Today I used the Cryptonite lock instead :evil:

That's good to hear but I would advise that anyone doing this exercise some caution. You've found a sensible cop who used a bit of discretion and allowed you through, other cops may take a different view and apply the restriction or ticket you, so always ask first.

GC
Well, they have been opening the barriers on my approach, no question asked.
Caution needed after midnight (I've been finishing around that time) as we are sharing junctions made narrower by the barriers with delivery lorries - goods deliveries to the venues are only allowed after midnight.

On another note, here's the latest obstruction along the Clyde path, before the turn off to St. Enoch:
Dismount (640x439).jpg

I love these road closures. Polite security staff to raise the barriers, the odd wave from the law and nice newly laid tarmac, it's nothing like the fighting for road space as per usual down the Dalmarnock Road. In fact had no problems cycling thru any of the road closures. Only another week of it, then back to the reality :sad:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I love these road closures. Polite security staff to raise the barriers, the odd wave from the law and nice newly laid tarmac, it's nothing like the fighting for road space as per usual down the Dalmarnock Road. In fact had no problems cycling thru any of the road closures. Only another week of it, then back to the reality :sad:
I feel for my non cycling colleagues, having to walk fair distances to start a 5am shift or trying to get home after midnight.
Additional public transport has been organized for spectators, nothing for shift workers. Only the bosses get parking permits.
Discovered today lots of additional bike parking in the North Rotunda precinct, watched by the police.
It's not immediately visible, you need to go round the black wood barrier.
Some glass patches on the ground.

Top Bottom