Going clipless...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was wishfully playing with some A600s in the LBS at the weekend and they gracefully inverted every time I flicked thme round. It's such a lovely smooth bearing in them :smile:
Hmmm maybe I need some of those...

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

Oh and stock up on Assos and Rapha at Sigma...

Ooo ok cool. Been told to get lots of energy gels? Any tips on the best ones?

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

I was wishfully playing with some A600s in the LBS at the weekend and they gracefully inverted every time I flicked thme round. It's such a lovely smooth bearing in them :smile:

Exactly! So spending the money is worth it because it makes it so much easier, right?

D

Deleted member 23692

Energy gels are just lumpless jam, so pick a flavour you like :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Ooo ok cool. Been told to get lots of energy gels? Any tips on the best ones?

They are vile xx( , are you cycling hundreds of miles? Who's been feeding you all this information?! Just have a bowl of porridge for breakfast and a few jelly babies every 20 miles

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

You know what, just been looking at tho
Energy gels are just lumpless jam, so pick a flavour you like :smile:

Just been looking at those links you sent and there is just so much choice, how would a novice even know where to start with that had I not asked?

D

Deleted member 23692

You know what, just been looking at tho

Just been looking at those links you sent and there is just so much choice, how would a novice even know where to start with that had I not asked?
if you were having Jam on toast.. which jam would you choose? That's how I used to choose gels... not that I do any more

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

They are vile xx( , are you cycling hundreds of miles? Who's been feeding you all this information?! Just have a bowl of porridge for breakfast and a few jelly babies every 20 miles

Well, people that are doing much more cycling than me. I mean, even if I was doing 50 miles I wouldn't have thought I'd need more than a couple of bottles of Ribena and like you say some sweets or bananas for the journey. Love the idea of jelly babies ^_^

Cubist

Still wavin'
At risk of sounding smug, I have the A600 pedals, and they are very lovely. The A520 are nice, just a bit heavier, with not quite such a nice build quality, but lovely nevertheless. I bought them because I ride MTB more than road, so wanted to be able to wear the same MTB shoes on the roadbike. Advantage is of course that you can walk with the recessed SPD cleats.

The cleats come with the pedals by the way. .

OP
OP
Boardgirl

Boardgirl

At risk of sounding smug, I have the A600 pedals, and they are very lovely. The A520 are nice, just a bit heavier, with not quite such a nice build quality, but lovely nevertheless. I bought them because I ride MTB more than road, so wanted to be able to wear the same MTB shoes on the roadbike. Advantage is of course that you can walk with the recessed SPD cleats.

The cleats come with the pedals by the way. .

Hhmm oh so very tempting.

So all I need is the pedals and the shoes and I'll be good to go?

Top Bottom