Goodbye Evans Cycles...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
£8m Ashley supposedly paid for them, and he got £20m+ of stock. If he didn't get his usual landlord support it wouldn't surprise me if he lets it close, chances are he's already recovered the £8m and he's in prime position to cherry pick the stores for changing into one of his other facias.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ETA (just a thought): If this isn't common knowledge/hasn't been announced it may not be a great idea posting about it on a public forum?
I did consider that, but if I were about to buy an expensive bike from them I think I'd like to be told that they might not be around soon to honour warranty claims?

I did put a question mark at the end of the thread title.

PS I have added a note to the first post, stating the news has not been confirmed. IN FACT THE EMAIL THAT TRIGGERED MY POST WAS MISLEADING!

Last edited:

Twinks

Über Member
Wow! I had a bike on order with them but had been faffed about so much I lost it and went down to the store on Friday and asked for my money back. Now I'm so glad I did. My LBS has since taken my order and reckons he can get it in a week or so. Remains to be seen but he hasn't asked me for any money up front. Lesson learned.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Pre pack administration. The buyer is lined up before the administration, company goes into administration and the new owner gets the assets and usually none of the debts.

Gunk

Guru
Mike Ashley is basically an asset stripper, he’s destroyed Lillywhites, House Of Fraser and now Evans, he’s a bottom end of the market retailer, he’s got not idea on how to develop or manage a premium brand, it’s all very depressing

is the Hoy brand exclusive to Evans?....I have a Hoy bike ...I think they stopped selling them (at least the hoy shizuoka) in 2018 but they have a clothing range too.
I thought Hoy clothing was from vulpine ? - that's where my Hoy jacket came from anyway....

Top Bottom