Goodbye Evans Cycles...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Does it mean they'll be selling out stuff for cheap? Can't wait!!!
50% off any good
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11624136/evans-cycles-sale-road-mountain-bikes/

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
What a shame. I bought a lot of kit from the store near where i used to work in the city. At one point i almost tried to work for them. Not all branches were that great but the store i visited had a lot of nice people working there that i would stop off and chat too if i was ever passing through or popped around to collect something during my breaks.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
There is no way the complete closure of the business would be announced months in advance to a bunch of small scale ad affiliates. Evans is currently pumping out as many bikes as they can get their hands on and will be looking forward to the free money the government is giving out to get people onto bikes. I am pretty sure that Evans are just shutting down the advertising affiliate links.

stuarttunstall

Shame if it happens, I got my bike from them two years ago and the service in York is first class, they have done a couple of jobs for me and not even charged me (maybe that is the downfall) ... nothing big, adjusted hubs .. not the cheapest but the service I had was fantastic

Strange thing is I cant get on there website as this moment in time.... :sad:

May explain why, when I had the spoke break last week and i called them they had no qualified service staff in and did not know when the would have...

Hopefully just the affiliate side that is stopping to save them money...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is no way the complete closure of the business would be announced months in advance to a bunch of small scale ad affiliates. Evans is currently pumping out as many bikes as they can get their hands on and will be looking forward to the free money the government is giving out to get people onto bikes. I am pretty sure that Evans are just shutting down the advertising affiliate links.
I am beginning to think that you might be right and that the message that I received was just misleading. If so, sorry for the false alarm!

I still think that things do not look good for the company unless the recent boost to cycling continues.

tom73

Guru
I am beginning to think that you might be right and that the message that I received was just misleading. If so, sorry for the false alarm!

I still think that things do not look good for the company unless the recent boost to cycling continues.

That depends on what they do with money invest in the company or cream it off. Given things at the Frasers Group are not rosey at the moment. The latter looks the most likely option.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i wonder what would happen to all the c2w scheme bikes that they have put out over the last 12mths if they did close down

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't think it's true, I hope not anyway, they're about the only company that will send me stuff down here.
Goes from East Midlands airport, over to Antwerp, then down to Lagos, Nigeria and then up here. Usually get it within five days. All for £15 quid for a small order (over £130) , great service (via DHL). Delivered to my door.

Last edited:

ozboz

Guru
I have had some good purchases from Evans , some of the staff were a bit lacking , there were two within a couple of miles from Richmond up until the take over then they shut . The nearest now is Kingston, and now the Cycle Republic has closed in Twickenham there are two Halfords and about 5 LBS’s in and around . Some of those are a bit exxy, and then there’s the online sales , so no problem getting whatever , anyone living around the West London area , for mechanical fixes The London Cycle Workshop are very reasonable , knowledgeable staff , the owner goes from store to store so is always around if you have an issue .

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I just did some googling and couldn't find anything about Evans closing .

I Seriously wonder if the email was just very badly worded. Hope so .

Top Bottom