Got bike out of skip, what to do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Find someone who needs a bike or stop someone who has a really rubbish bike and give it away for free. You will feel good, the new owner will feel good and the bike will get a new home.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Could just be from a house refurb . Ive seen all sorts of brand new things thrown away because the new house owner didn't want the last owners stuff . I rescued a brand new washing machine from going in the skip once because its name didn't match the other appliances going into a new kitchen . :ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'd have kept the Ergon grips and thrown the rest in the skip. Why not advertise it in your local paper or on a card at the newsagent?

A bike like that would sell in a city like York or Oxford where students cycle around a lot.

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Technically it is stolen!

The item remains the property of the owner even when it is in the skip, and removing it constitutes theft. You should ask permission before removing

It is a grey area though, but better safe than sorry

My step father owns the skip company, and i get them at the yard where the skips go back to, amongst millions of other bits of "tresure" haha

My step father owns the skip company, and i get them at the yard where the skips go back to, amongst millions of other bits of "tresure" haha

Another "Grey Area"

The company takes ownership of the contents and has a responsibility for the skip and contents once they pick it up

Top Bottom