Got swore at on camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
BentMikey said:
And why do you think you had priority there Cab? What happened is no different to what car drivers would do - they'd get close and one would pull over like she did.

Frankly I'm embarassed at the thought of you taking this to the shop, or even on leaving it up on youtube. I'm almost tempted to contact the shop and point them to this topic, just in case you did take it to them. That would be to add the balance of what most cyclists on here think of your behaviour.

+1

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
FIGHT !...........:ohmy::boxing:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I've thought about this one recently, and I'm sorry Cab. I think I was too harsh on you. It's not like I haven't been overly strident towards a driver myself in the past.

thomas

the tank engine
BentMikey said:
I've thought about this one recently, and I'm sorry Cab. I think I was too harsh on you. It's not like I haven't been overly strident towards a driver myself in the past.

....And we all lived happily ever after. The End

(Just before this gets even more dragged out :evil:)

tightwad

BentMikey said:

Nice one matey, just when Cab was hoping the thread was dropping off, you post an apology. Masterstoke, can we all go back to slagging him off now?

If I remember, I'll do the same in 3 days.

I can see Cab's point entirely. I don't think this is about where she stopped, I think it's that she went looking for a fight by winding her window down, starting a conversation, then swearing at someone. We've all seen the passive-aggressive angry person for whom everything is everyone else's fault, this driver is a good example.

Cab let us know how you get on.

tightwad

tightwad said:
Nice one matey, just when Cab was hoping the thread was dropping off, you post an apology. Masterstoke, can we all go back to slagging him off now?

If I remember, I'll do the same in 3 days.

Been away for a while. The thread makes no sense without the video footage.

dondare

Über Member
Cab said:

That's quite near where I used to live, and my parents still do.
A lot of the cycling that goes on there is less than exemplary. Drivers will be conditioned to find cyclists irritating.
I appreciate that I wasn't there and that camera angles can be deceptive, but I do know that road. With the parked cars on both sides someone has to give way; and in this case it appears that she was moving over to let you through and it was that other cyclist who then obstructed you when he tried to pass her. He should have waited.
She was rude, as people are some times. I'd say that any further action would be not in the public interest.

Plax

Guru
dondare said:
That's quite near where I used to live, and my parents still do.
A lot of the cycling that goes on there is less than exemplary. Drivers will be conditioned to find cyclists irritating.
I appreciate that I wasn't there and that camera angles can be deceptive, but I do know that road. With the parked cars on both sides someone has to give way; and in this case it appears that she was moving over to let you through and it was that other cyclist who then obstructed you when he tried to pass her. He should have waited.
She was rude, as people are some times. I'd say that any further action would be not in the public interest.

Thats what I thought. It looks like she is pulling into the space behind the Corsa to give way, and the old fella on the bike blocked you from passing when he overtook - he should have stayed behind the van until you had passed.
She was a bit rude but hardly surprising if she was actually giving way and was "talked to" like that. Apologies if that isn't the case.

Top Bottom