Got the sack...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to read of your bad news, hedder.

Just for the Christmas period, have you thought of trying to contact garden centres, builders merchants, selling Christmas trees, bar/restaurant work, sorting post etc.?

In the long time, experience excluded, what are you interested in and/or good at? Could you not try to get on some kind of course to get you back into work? http://www.free2learn.org.uk/

You seem to have initiative and maturity (don't know how old you are) so I'm sure you'll be fine, sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

you never been to Norfolk or Willenhall then
i frequent willenhall and they aint as bad as some of them on jezza :laugh:

Sorry to read of your bad news, hedder.

Just for the Christmas period, have you thought of trying to contact garden centres, builders merchants, selling Christmas trees, bar/restaurant work, sorting post etc.?

In the long time, experience excluded, what are you interested in and/or good at? Could you not try to get on some kind of course to get you back into work? http://www.free2learn.org.uk/

You seem to have initiative and maturity (don't know how old you are) so I'm sure you'll be fine, sooner rather than later.

Good luck.
Ive been onto literally everyone that are looking for christmas temps etc. Got a few leads and got a few interviews lined up for next week so hopefully it wont be long until i am working again.

Long term, i want to eventually go self employed, buying my own tow truck and start doing recovery and repair work. But thatll be a good 10 years off yet. Until then, its forklift and warehouse work i want to stick with, wouldnt be able to stick going back into working at a garage run by someone else.

Have been looking into courses etc but need to be back into work quickly so Im going for whatever comes first through the agencies.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
If you have an idea for being self-employed/ starting your own business and are young enough (under 25 ?), check out the Prince's Trust. Also your local council's business start-up schemes.

Worth a try - and a dream ... ;)

All the Best with whatever turns out for you. :okay:

Hyslop

Veteran
Worked nights as a forklift driver at a local warehouse.
After a hour of work last night i got called into the office. "were letting you go"

Applied for JSA as soon as i got home as im penniless at the moment. Got a call this morning asking me to go and see the adviser to complete the claim etc today. been there and Got treated like crap and basically told that theres not much hope of me finding another job soon. Which has in turn made me feel like crap.

Im off for a long ride on the bike..
:sad:
Sorry to hear this,what a day for you.I hope that something,whatever,crops up soon.:okay:

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

Just a update.

I have ended my claim and have decided to start my own business.
After a few days of doing basic servicing and repairs people have started to just bring their motorbikes to me for repair and servicing, i now have a 2 week waiting list, so clearly there is a market for this sort of thing in my area at the moment. In three days i have already earned more than i would of if i was working for somebody else in a week. In the process of registering as self employed and sorting out insurance etc etc.

Thanks for all the encouragement and well wishes :smile:

Great news, hedder.

Now ask us on here to come up with a name for your new business. :smile:

MarkF

Guru
Just a update.

After a few days of doing basic servicing and repairs people have started to just bring their motorbikes to me for repair and servicing, i now have a 2 week waiting list, so clearly there is a market for this sort of thing in my area at the moment. In three days i have already earned more than i would of if i was working for somebody else in a week. In the process of registering as self employed and sorting out insurance etc etc.

Excellent news. Once you get over not relying on a guaranteed salary (AKA tied to a job) there'll be no stopping you. :okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just a update.

Well done Hedder :bravo:.
Now; how are you at doing the valve clearances on a 2002 Honda VFR 800 (V-Tec version)?
Horror stories abound on the net regarding the cost of getting this done (but to be fair, I have had a reasonable quote from my local-ish Honda franchise to get it done; so well done North Harbour motorcycles in Ayr). Another excuse for a photo.....
IMG_1945_zpsm4nnq0n1.jpg

Top Bottom