Gravel rash cures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Time.

Salar

A fish out of water
sudocrem.jpg

Adam4868

Guru
A soak in the bath with plenty of cursing,very loudly.Then a night laying on the couch watching tv,being waited on by siblings with alcoholic beverages
Failing that rub some savlon on and man up.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Last time (my own fault: loose chain on the fixed and a 30mph slide on my hip), I arrived home quite late at night, with limited medical supplies at hand.
After a clean-up I used talc to absorb the 'juice', toilet-paper on that to make a pad, and micropore tape over the lot. Good enough to save the sheets.
The dressing disintegrated in the shower, except what was incorporated in the scab. I replaced the dressing a couple of times before it was sufficiently healed.
I wish I knew what the the magic pink powder was that did a much better job after a road-race crash many years ago. I have never been able to find anyone who has even heard of it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Really bad rash like Ian H mentions, some form of dressing to collect the gloop as mine didn't half leak. Bloody stung in the shower. I had the shame of going to the pub that evening wearing trackie bottoms as my other trousers caused too much pain.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Last time (my own fault: loose chain on the fixed and a 30mph slide on my hip), I arrived home quite late at night, with limited medical supplies at hand.
After a clean-up I used talc to absorb the 'juice', toilet-paper on that to make a pad, and micropore tape over the lot. Good enough to save the sheets.
The dressing disintegrated in the shower, except what was incorporated in the scab. I replaced the dressing a couple of times before it was sufficiently healed.
I wish I knew what the the magic pink powder was that did a much better job after a road-race crash many years ago. I have never been able to find anyone who has even heard of it.

Not the powder you are after but honey does a good job for healing.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Last time (my own fault: loose chain on the fixed and a 30mph slide on my hip),
1. xx(
2. How was the bike?

Potassium ferrate? Marketed in the USA as WoundSeal http://woundseal.com/ along with other ingredients but I've never seen it in England... although now I see that Amazon will ship it here. Hmm.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Really bad rash like Ian H mentions, some form of dressing to collect the gloop as mine didn't half leak. Bloody stung in the shower. I had the shame of going to the pub that evening wearing trackie bottoms as my other trousers caused too much pain.
Yeah, the bit beside my knee rubs on everything, dressings won't stay put and the movement keeps cracking it open. It's rather irritating, literally.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
1. xx(
2. How was the bike?
The bike was fine. Slightly scuffed bar-tape and the RH pedal nicely scarred (Richard, following, said there were sparks – and that he thought I was dead, but that might just have been hyperbole).
Potassium ferrate? Marketed in the USA as WoundSeal http://woundseal.com/ along with other ingredients but I've never seen it in England... although now I see that Amazon will ship it here. Hmm.
Ah yes. That looks as though it would do the job. Doesn't appear to be available through regular outlets, which makes me wonder.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom