Grey hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm 29 and I'm beginning to go quite noticeably grey. No-one in my family I know of has ever gone grey this early. My father went grey around his 50s as did my mother. I have however had an awful sleeping pattern for the last 8 years or so and endured quite a lot of stress with work.

Anyone else here gone grey at such an early age?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No, I'm still beautifully blond at 55. Women swoon at the sight of my golden locks.

View attachment 6441

I'm the one on the right.:sad:

Really though, I don't think it matters unless it bothers you - in which case dye it. I recommend strawberry blond:blush:

buggi

Bird Saviour
had my first one at about 21! it was very sparse for the first few years, just the odd wiry one and the tweezers sorted that ha ha

now it's a trip to the hair dressers or the hair colour section in Boots. But as you're a bloke, i wouldn't worry about it. Could be worse, you could be losing it.

buggi said:
had my first one at about 21! it was very sparse for the first few years, just the odd wiry one and the tweezers sorted that ha ha

now it's a trip to the hair dressers or the hair colour section in Boots. But as you're a bloke, i wouldn't worry about it. Could be worse, you could be losing it.

Why do you go in boots Buggi - is it because of your long legs? :wacko:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I started greyness at 20 or so. But my curlies are still OK :wacko: :laugh:

You could end up with the Alistair Darling look :ohmy:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Some of my friends started to get the odd grey hair in their 20s, others in their 30s, and some still don't have a single one in their 40s ...
one particular friend went steely grey in her early 20s and just decided to stay that way - and I admired her for it! There seems to be much less social pressure on blokes to hide any grey.

You have several options:
1) shave it all off
2) dye it
3) don't worry about it

If it was me, I'd go for option 3 :wacko:

You could of course go for option 4) post a photo and then let us decide
:laugh:

T

Arch

Married to Night Train
I started to get grey hairs before 30 - it runs in the family. My Mum gave up dyeing about the time I was born, but my aunt carried on for a long time.

My sister dyes her hair too, but then she's always bothered more about stuff like that - if I look vaguely normal, I'm happy, and most of the time I look like I've been dragged through the proverbial hedge.

First of all, how nice it is to be on a forum where users understand the difference between blond and blonde.

Secondly, maximum respect to those (especially women) who go grey and do not dye their hair. Dyed hair is rarely convincing, a total pain to maintain, and a waste of money (in my opinion). As for men who dye their grey hair, and even their beards, a different colour - who are they kidding?

Arch

Married to Night Train
xpc316e said:
First of all, how nice it is to be on a forum where users understand the difference between blond and blonde.

Secondly, maximum respect to those (especially women) who go grey and do not dye their hair. Dyed hair is rarely convincing, a total pain to maintain, and a waste of money (in my opinion). As for men who dye their grey hair, and even their beards, a different colour - who are they kidding?

In my case, I'm not sure it's any noble principle, I'm just lazy.... But I just wouldn't be any good at it - remembering a routine and so on. Also, I just don't care enough....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
So far I'm ok .. though I do check every now and again ... I'm sort of ripening corn coloured/amber - but my Dad, aunt and one of my sisters all went grey very early. Now Dad is a lovely sliver white colour.

Top Bottom