Groupset upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

If you have a decent cadence, 20mph should be about cog 7 or 8 in the middle ring and about 5 in the big ring. Either way it should not be too difficult.
I am on shimano 2300 and its 50/39/30 crank and 25/12 gears

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
If you have a decent cadence, 20mph should be about cog 7 or 8 in the middle ring and about 5 in the big ring. Either way it should not be too difficult.
Umpff! I can't push the pedals at 5 in the big ring.*
Must increase fitness! :heat:

* on Boris the 20 kg bike.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

What do you think you will gain by switching from 2300 to sora?
The magic result to improve his cross gearing:biggrin:
Compact crank mainly which will make it easier to not cross gear i was thinking to just change my crank and derailleur but i still need to get new shifters because i messed them up a few months ago going to fast around a corner which will end up adding to near enough to get a sora groupset

boydj

Legendary Member
Compact crank mainly which will make it easier to not cross gear i was thinking to just change my crank and derailleur but i still need to get new shifters because i messed them up a few months ago going to fast around a corner which will end up adding to near enough to get a sora groupset
Compact cranks actually make it more likely that you'll cross-chain. With a much bigger jump between large and small chainrings you'll be less inclined to switch rings. The middle ring of a triple is a nice compromise.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

How so? Compacts are a joke except in very hilly area's or if you really do lack the fitness to push larger gears. The jump between chainrings on a compact is mechanically disgusting!

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

If you are having trouble turning the pedals on 50/12 triple what makes you think it will be easier with a compact double where you will still be turning a 50/12
Ok before i was told about this i was doing a lot a cross chaining so like top crank middle to top cassette depending on the wind which is ok for me and now because i was told about cross chaining it got me worried so decided to cycle and middle crank middle cassette which feels too easy for me

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
this is a forum which is informal so punctuation doesn't matter on here

It does matter if you want people to:

A) Bother reading your posts
B) Understand your posts

If you make things difficult for people, they will be less inclined to offer advice. Instead you will get the piss taken out of you and your thread will become another diluted load of internet junk!

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

If you want people to:

A) Bother reading your posts
B) Understand your posts

It might be worth smacking the punctuation keys now and again. If you make things difficult for people, they will be less inclined to offer advice. Instead you will get the **** taken out of you and your thread will become another diluted load of internet junk!
first of all you dont really need to put punctuation in a forum post hense the name forum where u there is no rules on punctuation i dont want to sound rude but it seems a bit pedantic to require punctuation in a internet forum if u take ur take to read what im saying u will understand it

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
first of all you dont really need to put punctuation in a forum post hense the name forum where u there is no rules on punctuation i dont want to sound rude but it seems a bit pedantic to require punctuation in a internet forum if u take ur take to read what im saying u will understand it

There may be no rule, nor formal requirement for well punctuated posts (and no-one is expecting perfect grammar), however, as I said previously, if you want people to take time out of their day to provide you with advice, you could at least make it quick and easy for people to read your post and understand it. If someone needs to spend more time than ought to be necessary to understand your post, then they are less likely to bother reading it, or replying. By writing like a high school dropout, you are limiting the pool of advice available to you.

Refer to the bolded part, this is a prime example!

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

There may be no rule, nor formal requirement for well punctuated posts, however, as I said previously, if you want people to take time out of their day to provide you with advice, you could at least make it quick and easy for people to read your post and understand it. If someone needs to spend more time than ought to be necessary to understand your post, then they are less likely to bother reading it, or replying. By writing like a high school dropout, you are limiting the pool of advise available to you.

Bolded part, this is a prime example!
fair enough but thats how i write informally to people on forums and social network sites and im not the only one who does that or to make u happy Fair enough that's how I write informally to people on forums and social network sites.I'm not the only one who does.

Top Bottom