Groupset upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gam001

Über Member
Ok basically i have just taken my triban 3 into servicing a few hours ago and i have been told that because of the way I gears set up it creates stress on the chain and eventually cause either the chain snapping or stress on the rear derailleur and recently i have had thought of changing from triple crankset to compact however that would involve me getting new shifters I'm saying shifters because I'm in need of new shifters,a new chain and obviously a the crankset what do you lot think ? or do you think i should buy a new groupset?
For future questions, maybe try asking Jeeves...
http://uk.ask.com/?l=sem&qsrc=2089&...uk_gsb&kwid=+ask +jeeves&cid=17292343360&site=

I like this Portaloo guy he's funny and he asks good questions and his first question has kept us all going for eight pages and he criticises us for being online and not out riding but he has more posts on this thread than any of us and he is trolling but he is trolling in a funny way because he sounds as if he's really cross but nobody who actually used language that way would take themselves that seriously which tends to suggest he is a hypertroll or a megatroll or a trollking and not a common or garden troll and I have to say I respect that because he's taken us all for a ride and is giggling at his keyboard even as I write this and I'm sure he knows how to punctuate and spell and produce written work of quality he just chooses not to to wind us up and it's worked a treat and now it's infected the way we all write on these pages I mean look at me not a semi-colon in sight and I'm no longer leaving acres of empty lines between my endless lists of unfunny puns and pointless comments and stuff and it's all because of Portaloo and anyway I've commuted in London on a Fixie and it works fine and you can even get up Archway Hill on 69" gearing if you have a sense of humour which Portaloo certainly has and when I type like this it's like talking without pausing to breathe so I get out of breath which is dangerous at my age and triples are for girls and all Portaloo has to do is learn how to ride without crossing his chain and even a trained chimp can do that so he'll be able to pick it up and anyway the correct plural of p***y is p***ies not p***ys but I think we all knew what you meant we were just joshing with you and when I was little and used that word my feminist elder sister said how dare you use a part of my body as a term of abuse you p**ck and we both laughed but I think I laughed more than her because she saw it as a very political thing and she took bolt cutters to Greenham Common and cut the wire and a US Marine said you can't come in here ma'am and she said no I cut the wire for you to get out which is quite funny but that was years ago what were we talking about?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
What you miss though, portableaj, is that you are asking for help. If you want help with a problem then you need to communicate well enough for those who are trying to help you to understand what the problem is. I've tried, and given you a pretty full answer as to how you could use alternative gearing combinations and how, IMHO it is not worth changing your equipment.

I have had to guess some of your issues though as your original posts were unclear, at least in part because of the fact that you presented it as a stream of conciousness. If I and others are not clear exactly what your problem is, then it will take longer to get help (assuming people don't just decide not to bother at all), and the help you do get might not be as good as you would have done otherwise. Whether you think it is worth punctuating your posts is up to you; but if you want others to help you then it is in you own interest to be as clear as possible.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Wow, given the new day, I feel rather silly for bothering with this one, lol! If I hadn't been T-total for several years, I would have assumed my posts to have been the result of being drunk! I guess being knackered has a similar effect to booze on me!

Kookas

Über Member
help me u p***ks who so called helping me are taking the p**s out of me from there little shield they call a computer would you be brave and take the p**s in my face erm no cause u wastemen are p***ys so what would recommend you do is jog on seriously u lot act so pedantic on a cycling forum which is f**king informal hence punctuation or no punctuation spelling right or wrong the point has still gotten across

WASTEMAN BRUV wat u sayin ye

Top Bottom