Groupset upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
It would also help us to help you if you would learn, and use, the usually accepted names for the parts of the bike that you are referring to. For example, by "big crank" I assume you mean the biggest chainring. Telling us he number of teeth (T) on the chainring is also helpful, as is referring to the number of teeth of the cog on the cassette. "Big and small" gears is an easily misunderstood term, as is "high and low", or "middle gear". 50T x 11T, and 34T x 25T, (or 50x11, 34x25 as this is a cycling forum) are clear and precise.

screenman

Legendary Member
First of all ,English is my first language. I know the use of punctuation and the purpose of it. It's extremely ott that you lot are going crazy over it. Clearly you can understand it. It's just ur ignorance to ignore it or think that just because this person isn't using punctuation, that means its pointless the to answer or read. Because this person is stupid or can't speak English well or something else negative. Come on we are on the internet were u dont need to go all pedantic about this. You can all understand it well. However I have released most of you guys are over a certain age where there is not such thing of internet speaking and they can't understand anything without punctuation. Lets get back to the main subject now because talking about punctuation on a cycling forum is just plain ridiculous now. Getting back to the subject I was happy was cycling on the gear that i was on until i was told that i was cross chaining and cross chaining is bad. However, the cheapest triban bike with a compact group set is £600 and i am not spending that much money it as I do lock my bike up a lot in London. And i was thinking or getting a compact but it might end up being close to £200 the price of the sora groupset on ribble because i need two whole shifter. Not due to the compact crank i know i need one, but I need them because, they are bent. And I do pedal quite fast I'm not a slow cyclist except on hills thats way i find it too easy to just pedal on the gear i was on to have a better chainline and if i go on the top crank lower gear i will find it ok to hard and this all depends on the elevation and the wind speeds too.

I was offering support, you were just too quick with a response to notice.

What inch gear do you use most often?

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

I know I said I was not going to comment again, but I can't resist, this is a UK based forum, therefore the use of the English language matters very much so, only an idiot would suggest otherwise. Also, why do you assume that because you are posting on the internet that good communication skills are suddenly less essential than via other means of communication? I noticed in one of your posts you refer to those of us who commented re. your poor English as ignorant, please justify this statement.
ignorant as in they can take their time to read what im trying to say most of the words im typing down are spelt right its not like its badly spelt completely

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
ignorant as in they can take their time to read what im trying to say most of the words im typing down are spelt right its not like its badly spelt completely
Och, shush now!
If you carry on like that I will post in Italian and expect you to answer :laugh:

400bhp

Guru
Monkey-typing.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Moron!

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

Och, shush now!
If you carry on like that I will post in Italian and expect you to answer :laugh:
hold up there what i am saying it kinda true there its like you cant understand anything without punctuation like automatically u cant read its takes a very small minded person to be ignorant about this. And some of u cyclist on here are very ignorant have u noticed misuse of punctuation and even no punctuation like on roads signs advert ect serouisly its not rocket science to read word without punctuation unless this was formal or something to do with education not cycling so stop going crazy it basically makes sense they are words to read them

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
hold up there what i am saying it kinda true there its like you cant understand anything without punctuation like automatically u cant read its takes a very small minded person to be ignorant about this. And some of u cyclist on here are very ignorant have u noticed misuse of punctuation and even no punctuation like on roads signs advert ect serouisly its not rocket science to read word without punctuation unless this was formal or something to do with education not cycling so stop going crazy it basically makes sense they are words to read them

Plank!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yeah man, cool like, i gt it :hello:

Top Bottom