Had my first flat tyre...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sbeqs

sbeqs

11990394_10153479799111539_7915994405103894743_n.jpg

What do you think?

Mummy3monkeys

Me too, completely clueless I was, but learnt quickly

Pope

Regular
I'm a beginner and this is my only concern about cycling. It's not happened to me yet but I'm not confident at all about replacing the inner tube.

I've got a couple of spares, a lever and a mini pump which I take with me on my rides. I just hope I don't need to use them when I am out.

I'm a beginner and this is my only concern about cycling. It's not happened to me yet but I'm not confident at all about replacing the inner tube.

I've got a couple of spares, a lever and a mini pump which I take with me on my rides. I just hope I don't need to use them when I am out.
Checked. You're male. So no batting eyelids.

There's nothing for it. You need to practice at home. Sorry, but do it. You will get a flat at some point. Be prepared.

(I'm female, but I've never had a stranger replace my tube (@Fnaar!). Chivalrous men do offer, so you could risk it if you were female)

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

I'm completely useless when it comes to anything practical, but changing a tube is easy. The key thing to remember is to get out of the tyre whatever caused the puncture, as @jefmcg said practice at home, but remember when the real thing comes along to check and re check the tyre.

OP
OP
sbeqs

sbeqs

I'm game to change mine but my neighbour offers and he's so helpful.
I've (when I say ''I've'' I mean ''He's'') just changed my tyres for more durable ones, and it took him about 30 mins total.

Last edited:
Top Bottom