Had the bike for 2-3weeks and still

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

Haven't sat my arse on it yet and went out, I just can't be, well arsed to be honest, got new lights ect too and haven't been out at night to see how good/bad they are. I've a feeling a might sell it and forget about it

Globalti

Legendary Member
Stop worrying, the time will come.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Only you can get off your arse and do something about it. Next time you go out in the car, think, is it a journey I could use the bike for. Instead of playing another session on y'games console, go out and get y'legs turning. I find it a bit odd, buying an item and not even trying it out, my curiosity alone would make me give it a go. Its not a big thing, tens of thousands of people do it every day. Stop fretting about it & JUST DO IT

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Glob.....I'm worrying I just can't be bothered

Psycol.....I'm not a gamer, never have been, I know you say when I'm in the car, I could be using the bike (push) I could trees, but it's very hilly where I am, I'd be pushing the fekin thing (literally lol) most of the journey. I want to try and get but it's getting the get up n go....I don't have it

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Put the bike in the car and drive to an area that isn't so hilly and have a little cycle around.

Or do you have a mate who would cycle with you and give you a little company

OP
OP
S

Stu9

If I can ride I will, if not I won't, I don't expect sympathy (did I say I did!) your health comes first, it was just a frightening experience that I'll ask about before I do it again

Citybabe.....yes might do that, but as above ie will talk to doc first....no one to go with, all my mates have motorcycles no pedal power

Lee_M

Guru
don't want to pry, but as a past sufferer I had to ask, Is this just lazy git syndrome, or do you think you might be suffering from depression?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If your worried about not being fit enough just go on a very short ride to start with. Even half a mile is a start. Gradually increase the distance as you feel ready for it. Fitness will improve surprisingly quickly but only if you get out there and do regular rides.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If I can ride I will, if not I won't, I don't expect sympathy (did I say I did!) your health comes first, it was just a frightening experience that I'll ask about before I do it again

Citybabe.....yes might do that, but as above ie will talk to doc first....no one to go with, all my mates have motorcycles no pedal power

Do not assume people have read your OTHER thread when they are replying to THIS thread. :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Glob.....I'm worrying I just can't be bothered

Psycol.....I'm not a gamer, never have been, I know you say when I'm in the car, I could be using the bike (push) I could trees, but it's very hilly where I am, I'd be pushing the fekin thing (literally lol) most of the journey. I want to try and get but it's getting the get up n go....I don't have it
When I bought my first adult bike up in hilly Yorkshire, I was the same. I think I rode about 150 miles from the summer to its first winter and then packed up until the spring. From that spring to its second winter, I rode about 500 miles. In year 3, I rode over 2,000 miles, and eventually I did a 5,000+ mile year.

Don't give up!

Maybe there is a club near you, you could join as i know they are great for motivation.
And if not, there are CycleChatters in most parts of the UK (other than perhaps the far north of Scotland), so you should be able to get out on a forum ride near you. If nobody else is organising one, then do it yourself. If you just want to do (say) 20 miles then suggest riding 10 miles to a cafe from where you live and 10 miles back. Somebody will fancy coming along with you.

Top Bottom