Hairstyle and appearence in a PC World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I used to work in a large corporate environment. It's amazing how explicit the dress code expectations are for men compared to women.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Suits went out in the late 90s in many places. Smart casual being the term used since. Which basically translates to trousers, collared shirt and shoes.
Wear that in my place of work and unless you work in Sales and are actually meeting a customer that day, you would be sniggered at for being over dressed. I work for a tech company and if we see someone in a full suit then rumours start flying about us floating on the stock market or being bought out by a hedge fund.

Drago

Legendary Member
I fondly remember the days when even dustmen wore ties. Now we strugglemto get politicians to wear them outside of parliament.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I fondly remember the days when even dustmen wore ties. Now we strugglemto get politicians to wear them outside of parliament.

What exactly is it about ties, in particular that delivers such a thrill for you .??

I've just got a fantastic new waterproof coat that comes all the way down to my ankles..

It's going to be great for winter work.

But in addition to full coverage.

I reckon it's got 'Gaffer' written all over it.

The other people who work here have only got short versions of the same make.

So i'm really hoping it will lend me an extra air of authority :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
What exactly is it about ties, in particular that delivers such a thrill for you .??

I've just got a fantastic new waterproof coat that comes all the way down to my ankles..

It's going to be great for winter work.

But in addition to full coverage.

I reckon it's got 'Gaffer' written all over it.

The other people who work here have only got short versions of the same make.

So i'm really hoping it will lend me an extra air of authority :smile:

Phwooar!

There's certain websites where you could make a fortune with those kind of things, so 'my mate' tells me. 😂

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Phwooar!

There's certain websites where you could make a fortune with those kind of things, so 'my mate' tells me. 😂

And there was me posting a pic on other social media for free.!!

This is why I'm not a multi bllionairess yet.

Neglecting to cash in at every opportunity .

And clearly paying my people too much, if they buy new coats before me..:sad:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I wore a tweed sports jacket with shirt and tie to work. It was only the lower orders who wore suits. This was in 1960"s and 70's. Nowadays I think those nominally on a similar scale go for tee shirts

stephec

Legendary Member
And there was me posting a pic on other social media for free.!!

This is why I'm not a multi bllionairess yet.

Neglecting to cash in at every opportunity .

And clearly paying my people too much, if they buy new coats before me..:sad:
You must be a nice boss then.

Top Bottom