Halfords TDF ad - What is he saying?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
"Cadence up, cadence up, cadence up - down gear" - I finally got it tonight.
Yeah that's it. I'd be a bit embarrassed about the reliability of Carrera bikes given the support car has 2 back up bikes on the roof.
In my experience.... if you can talk at that point you aren't trying hard enough ;-)

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
It is a Carrera though. I don't think I'd trust a Carrera to get me as far as Dover let alone round a stage of the TdF!

Alas we dont all shoot money (or for that matter, are precious bike snobs)

byegad

Legendary Member
Not a comment on Halfords or the advert here, maybe we can have another thread for slagging it off?

Can someone please tell me what he is repeating to him self when he is willing him self up the climb? He says its 3 times, I haven't a clue what he's saying and it's driving me nuts.

It's an advert so who cares? I record the show on a DTR and start watching a couple of hours after the start, then, while it's still recording I watch, winding through the adverts 30 seconds at a time. Today I watched the whole race and have just seen the finish. Bliss!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It is a Carrera though. I don't think I'd trust a Carrera to get me as far as Dover let alone round a stage of the TdF!
You should speak to Jacob from LonJOG. Seemed to have no difficulty getting his Carrera from London to John O'Groats whilst ripping the legs off people on much more expensive bikes....;)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yeah that's it. I'd be a bit embarrassed about the reliability of Carrera bikes given the support car has 2 back up bikes on the roof

Oh yeah, and they NEVER have anything like that on the real TDF, do they? Going on your theory, then all of the team bikes costing thousands must be crap too!

Yes, Taxi for Doug....

HovR

Über Member
An enjoyable watch, and it looks like Mr Francis had a great time. :smile:

A bit of bike snobbery going on in this thread though, eh? The particular bike in question has many mid/top end parts that a lot of your bikes most likely do - 105 derailleurs, Mavic rims, FSA chainset & headset, Conti tires, KMC chain etc. Represents very good value for money in my opinion.

Top Bottom