Halfords TDF ad - What is he saying?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Oh yeah, and they NEVER have anything like that on the real TDF, do they? Going on your theory, then all of the team bikes costing thousands must be crap too!

Yes, Taxi for Doug....
In bike races I think they carry a single spare bike per team member with all the personal adjustments made. Sky I think have 2 TT and 2 race bikes per team member in total inventory, (maybe they have a classics geometry bike too).:unsure:
Edit - there's a cool blog of Heidi Swift and 5 other women doing all the stages 1 day in advance here. Pretty awesome.

HovR

Über Member
Yeah that's it. I'd be a bit embarrassed about the reliability of Carrera bikes given the support car has 2 back up bikes on the roof.

[..]

In bike races I think they carry a single spare bike per team member with all the personal adjustments made.

If you have a team car with space for two bikes on the roof, catering for only one cyclist, what's the point in only having one spare bike? Better to be over prepared if you have the facilities (or prepared for the worst case scenario) than under prepared IMO.

thom

____
If you have a team car with space for two bikes on the roof, catering for only one cyclist, what's the point in only having one spare bike? Better to be over prepared if you have the facilities (or prepared for the worst case scenario) than under prepared IMO.
I guess I'm saying I find the whole thing rather pretentious - quite a lot of people do actually go out and cycle those routes, as witness by that group of 6 women from the US. They just have a single bike each, a lot of spunk and have a lot of fun ;-)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[quote="thom, post: 1931532, member: 10073"They just have a single bike each, a lot of spunk and have a lot of fun ;-)[/quote]
Oh Lor! :ohmy:

Top Bottom