Halfords to stock Pinarello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So they now have the Boardman range up to £1,300 and the Pinarello range above that. Very smart move both for Halfords and Pinarello
Halfords get a product which rides the wave of Sky cycling brand awareness. Pinarello get access to by far the most powerful bicycle distributor in UK
Boardman has done very well out of the Halfords association and it couldn't last forever. Of course he will still shift big numbers as the Boardmans are still slap bang in the £1,000 key price point.
The top end Boardmans will presumably reappear elsewhere So what has happened in summary is that Pinarello and top end Boardman have swapped places. Pinarello wins because it plugs into Halfords unrivalled distribution

So I guess we start a sweepstake then? First person to photograph a Pinarello in the wild with backwards forks wins.

400bhp

Guru
The top end Boardmans will presumably reappear elsewhere So what has happened in summary is that Pinarello and top end Boardman have swapped places. Pinarello wins because it plugs into Halfords unrivalled distribution

The top end Boardman's have never been sold in Halfords.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
An interesting aside, Chris Boardman does not own Boardman Bikes, he is a 9.09% Shareholder and he is not a director either. Guess he makes his money in Royalty charges. Well thats how it looks in the accounts.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Only stocked in three stores, not a prolific start.

Pinarello bikes are available for delivery boxed or built or for reserve and collect in Chingford, Farnborough and Nuneaton where we have Pinarello trained staff who are able to build and service your Pinarello bikes.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The top end Boardman's have never been sold in Halfords.

Apologies. I didn't realise there was a higher end range that wasn't stocked by Halfords. I meant the more expensive Boardmans that Halfords stocked, which they seem not to offer now

400bhp

Guru
An interesting aside, Chris Boardman does not own Boardman Bikes, he is a 9.09% Shareholder and he is not a director either. Guess he makes his money in Royalty charges. Well thats how it looks in the accounts.

Who owns then?

VC? Part owned by Halfords? Subsid of someone surely?

400bhp

Guru
They just can't get it right though - this Veloce equipped FP Uno is shown withTiagra kit in the opening image, and similar mistakes abound. The FP Due White (105) is shown with SRAM Rival for example. Sad. You might think that when launching a new range of a prestigious brand they might at least try a bit harder.

But it's not really aimed at us geeks that hang around on cycle chat though is it.:whistle:

Peteaud

Veteran
But it's not really aimed at us geeks that hang around on cycle chat though is it.:whistle:

It is also better than Sky's bikes.

PINARELLO FP UNO CARBON ROAD BIKE 49CM PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Pinarello FP Uno Road Bike 49cm is created incorporating the same technologies that were used to build the bike that Team Sky rode to victory but it has a superior carbon frame, made from Carbon 24HMUD, meaning it weighs less than 10kg.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You may well be right. I am amazed that - apparently - people make impulsive 'lifestyle' purchases of £2+K road bikes, with little knowledge, and even less experience.

Peteaud

Veteran
You (may well be right. I am amazed that - apparently - people make impulsive 'lifestyle' purchases of £2+K road bikes, with little knowledge, and even less experience.

Well i have been online to Wonga, borrowed £2.5K and am now off to halfords to buy a peperonierollo (the bike that chris wiggins rode on the tour of the isle of man)

So there :tongue:

Top Bottom