Handbags at STRAVA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Well it looks like Scott will be KOM (and QOM) forever as strava seems to have locked the segment down. Not flagged, as far as I can tell, but no leader board.

And can we pick another insult? "Handbags" is extremely sexist. "Dummy spit" is a favourite of mine.
Leaderboard shows for me. Are you logged in?

bpsmith

Veteran
Dammit. Defaulted to women. I see them now. As it's a very little used segment, it's unsurprising there is none on there.

Looks like Brendan has <spit the dummy/taken his ball and gone home/thrown is toys out of the pram>.
And convinced 3,562 other people from that segment to withdraw their rides. :smile:

I've got to say, Scott does look a bit of an arse. Heading out 25 km and back on an not too pleasant dual carriageway to pick up two KOM. I wonder if they were both Brendan's? If so, it would seem weird and personal for someone to do that.

Circled the KOM he got on the ride.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 20.36.34.jpg

BurningLegs

Veteran
I've got to say, Scott does look a bit of an arse. Heading out 25 km and back on an not too pleasant dual carriageway to pick up two KOM. I wonder if they were both Brendan's? If so, it would seem weird and personal for someone to do that.

Circled the KOM he got on the ride.

View attachment 377131

I do see your point here, but if the original KOM holder wasn’t particularly quick, then it was there for the taking and was basically inevitable.

I think the cyber bully accusation is very unfair. Don’t hate the player, hate the game!

bpsmith

Veteran
Bullying is unacceptable, when it actually is bullying, which we don’t know as it appears there are loads of other comments that we haven’t seen.

Complaining about someone riding faster on a segment, that solely exists as a challenge for people to try and better, is just daft.

To have over a hundred KOM’s clearly means that they are over very obscure routes.

Drago

Legendary Member
If they don't like it then they could always ride faster. Or cheat.

blazed

220lb+
Well it looks like Scott will be KOM (and QOM) forever as strava seems to have locked the segment down. Not flagged, as far as I can tell, but no leader board.

And can we pick another insult? "Handbags" is extremely sexist. "Dummy spit" is a favourite of mine.

Extremely sexist? Blimey! I guess you mean it is sexist to women to use that term, however that implies only women use handbags whicn in itself could be deemed sexist to all the men that do too. /liberal mode.

Top Bottom