Handbags at STRAVA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm struggling with the concept that a k.o.m can be "STOLEN"
That's strava's language. They send out emails designed to have the effect they had on Brendan.

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 12.55.26.png

(See The QOM problem to explain how I ended up getting my butt so thoroughly spanked)

Cronorider

That's strava's language. They send out emails designed to have the effect they had on Brendan.

View attachment 377226
(See The QOM problem to explain how I ended up getting my butt so thoroughly spanked)

Does Strava actually use the word 'stole'? When I've lost a KOM I have not seen that

Cronorider

Yup.

Note: you can configure strava to not send the emails, but I don't think you can stop the app/web page telling you about them.

Here is one that I got

.......... just beat your time on .......... by 9s. Got what it takes to reclaim your crown? Good luck and be safe.

And no I have not reclaimed it - yet...

I think anyone (like Brendan) who sets up 800 SEGMENTS!! can expect to be getting many, many notifications from Strava
OK, definitely 2 weirdo here. Someone who would create 100s of segments and then complain when someone stole them, AND someone who would ride all over town just to take segments that only have a few riders on them.

Can I suggest we throw them in a pit to fight to the death only armed with tyre levers?

Cronorider

OK, definitely 2 weirdo here. Someone who would create 100s of segments and then complain when someone stole them, AND someone who would ride all over town just to take segments that only have a few riders on them.

Can I suggest we throw them in a pit to fight to the death only armed with tyre levers?

LOL - and I agree that it is silly to go after segments that virtually no one ever rides.

Well I'll have you all know I rode up Thurgoland Bank (real name Cheese Bottom) then a hundred damn people charged round and pulverised my time - they even tried to conceal their actions by calling their ride the Tour de Yorkshire.
I tried to get the road closed after I went up but couldn't convince them how serious keeping my 1258th place was to me.
I don't know, it's Endomondo all over again!! :cry:

Nonethewiser

I refuse to get all hot under the collar about this sort of cack on Strava. It's a useful enough tool for measuring time and distance covered and I use it regularly for that purpose though I'm more interested in the distance than the time but, jeez, there are some proper tools using it!

pjd57

Veteran
There's a few segments along the River Kelvin , in the west end of Glasgow that make me think there are some nutters using Strava.
Narrow, winding path , with bushes overhanging it. Busy with walkers, dogs, joggers, prams the lot.
But the times that they post means they are racing through regardless.

bpsmith

Veteran
I set long segments like 30km or so. Funnily enough I do not get too many trying to steal my segment.
I’ve posted the same in the past. Longer TT style segments really show up those that just Blast different short bits each ride. I also like to set up segments which encompass a few different climbs.

Top Bottom