Handbags at STRAVA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
I’ve posted the same in the past. Longer TT style segments really show up those that just Blast different short bits each ride. I also like to set up segments which encompass a few different climbs.
To be fair, the people your referring to go out to get those shorter segments. If they changed their goals, they'd probably still be pretty handy on longer segments too. A watt is a watt at the end of the day. That's my take on it anyway.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
We had a Strava weirdo for a while, took it all way too seriously.

Was fun for a few weeks then became a bit more sinister, some seriously strange people ride bikes :whistle:

I'm not sure it's confined to strava , I went out for a ride this week and near the end of the ride there was a slow old cyclist on a shared path, I didn't want to overtake as there were other people on the path so I waited until it was clear, I announced I was passing and he said "how rude, you should ask if you were going to draft"... Huh?! He thought I was drafting, and got really upset even though we were only slowly pootling along a shared path...

pauldavid

Veteran
I'm not sure it's confined to strava , I went out for a ride this week and near the end of the ride there was a slow old cyclist on a shared path, I didn't want to overtake as there were other people on the path so I waited until it was clear, I announced I was passing and he said "how rude, you should ask if you were going to draft"... Huh?! He thought I was drafting, and got really upset even though we were only slowly pootling along a shared path...

Your "slowly pootling" was evidently his really going for it. All things are relative. Maybe don't wait so close behind the cyclist in front next time and then there will be no misunderstanding over your intentions.

Wheelsucker!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
We had a Strava weirdo for a while, took it all way too seriously.

Was fun for a few weeks then became a bit more sinister, some seriously strange people ride bikes :whistle:
Name names then, I might know them and if there was a personal element to it I could be tempted to engage in a bit of kom theft...... :laugh:

Cronorider

I set long segments like 30km or so. Funnily enough I do not get too many trying to steal my segment.

Most segments become segments because that stretch of road already stands out for some reason. A really long flat section, hills, the final sprint into town etc. They are going to be the types of places where riders have been testing themselves ever since bikes and roads have been around. Out of the way segments, or arbitrarily set segments aren't meaningful to most people.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The guy who originally complained sounds like a dick. Does it really bother people if they are not Koms of anything? I've never had a Kom and wouldn't know what to do with one if I had one

Cronorider

The guy who originally complained sounds like a dick. Does it really bother people if they are not Koms of anything? I've never had a Kom and wouldn't know what to do with one if I had one

What is a Half Century Challenge?

13 rider

Guru
What is a Half Century Challenge?
I presume the half century challenge referred to is a cyclechat challenge to ride a 50km or 50m ride once a month Jan to Dec . There is also a metric and imperial century challenge see sub section in the rides section of the forum

Ian193

Über Member
There’s a few segments near me that I would never get close on as the KOMS are all held by a Movistar pro rider who lives near me

Top Bottom