Handlebar Tape - GRRR!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love DEDA tape, reasonable price and very grippy!!!]

Don't get cork tape as it's not easy to clean, a tape with a plasticky or shiny finish like fizik performance better (obviously avoid anything soft touch)
Comes in Orange

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Fizik/Performance-3mm-Bar-Tape/23XO

Exactly what I do if needed. We're fortunate in this country that there is a large readily available supply of roadside vegetation and rubbish to use , you might get lucky and there may still be a napkin left in that McDonald's bag .;)

A handful of grass is good for cleaning your hands off too. :okay:

A stick is handy too. Snap off a twig and improvise a sort of hook like a "V" with one short and one long leg. Once the bike is repaired, hopefully you will never need it. Agree with changing the tape. Must put some gloves in my "ample" toolkit - have been meaning to do for ages.

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
[QUOTE 5238994, member: 9609"]as @Heltor Chasca says first point of call is sort out why the chain is coming off, if it is set up properly it shouldnt, I havan't dropped the chain this year, and may be last.

Do you need bar tape in the summer months ? bare metal just stays clean and its wonderfully cold on hot hands when working hard on big hills.

View attachment 408497 [/QUOTE]

I think you are definitely right. I really want to keep the seafoam colour tape. The bike is heavily used as it's my training bike so this issue needs fixing, especially as I really need that extra gear up the hills. I will take it to the store for analysis next week.

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
OK cool, I will take a photo of it all when I get home and send it to you. There's no rush, I have the Allez to ride x

slow scot

Veteran
[QUOTE 5238994, member: 9609"]as @Heltor Chasca says first point of call is sort out why the chain is coming off, if it is set up properly it shouldnt, I havan't dropped the chain this year, and may be last.

Do you need bar tape in the summer months ? bare metal just stays clean and its wonderfully cold on hot hands when working hard on big hills.

View attachment 408497 [/QUOTE]
Do I see a Cateye Mitty 3 before me?

Jody

Stubborn git
@User9609 ... Yes sir...that is correct....

14069955114_64dbfe1a94_o.jpg

Turn the screw (bottom picture) clockwise and it will stop the mech going too far. Having dropped a couple of mechs in the spokes its not a pleasant experience, it will destroy the mech and lock the back wheel up.

Top Bottom