Handlebar Tape - GRRR!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Learn to wrap, buy a few rolls of different colours you like, Amazon £1.37 each. Practice wrapping, so you can change them frequently.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077ZRHKDK/ref=twister_B077ZT9ZSF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

612VHtzTwRL._SL1032_.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
I've used old inner tubes as bar tape on the two fixies.Good as gold.
Don’t they stink of rubber though xx(

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl

Lonestar

Veteran
Don’t they stink of rubber though xx(

No more than what my tyres do.This has never struck me as a problem and my gloves don't smell of rubber either.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If the OP fell off the bike it's likely the derailleur hanger is bent. Only a bike shop can tell as they have a special gauge.

bpsmith

Veteran
Absolutely going to be the hanger if it was fine before and now a problem after a knock. No need to go adjusting screws, as will not fix it and need adjusting back later. Get an alignment tool on it and coax it back to true. Easy job for a shop with the tool.

I recommend buying the tool of thinking longer term. I’ve used mine on every bike and a few days f my mates also.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Pick up some disposable gloves next time you pass a petrol station. Stick them in your saddle pack / toolkit. Once used turn them inside out when taking off hands and bin them when you pass one.

Top Bottom