Happy Birthday Greta!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

I wouldn't worry too much - we're not dealing with a purveyor of

'Highly respected opinions on matters scientific' here.

- or much else tbh

In fact resistance from some quarters could even be useful.

You know like how when Trump says
Something is definitely the the case -

"100% Bigly True"

You will instinctively start to mistrust that 'fact' almost on principal??

Well its a similar sort of 'reverse psychology' at play here .

Not, A. Problem

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Too much politics in the supposed 'laid back' Cafe. It's ok saying 'Well,all you have to do is ignore it',but i find it annoying. So much so that i had to have my say.

Oh and science isn't politics.

It's just science.

It giveth not a shoot for human opinion, one way or another :okay:

icowden

Veteran
Time for my favourite cartoon again:--

iMtRpDTNaj7rmObF_ZwesMbSBbfdO8OffTLO8g4m6kI.jpg

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's a happy birthday thread. There's a more serious Thunberg thread in NACA.

TBH I hadn't clocked the distinction btxt thread classifications.

But I'd say, the least we could do on Gretas Birthday to take science seriously..

I can't see her being overly impressed with a shiny balloon with 18 written on it..

Sure she'd enjoy some 'weather events' though.

☔🎉🌞🌪️🌈🌦️☔🌈⛈️🌪️🌩️🌈☃️🌊☔🌦️

numbnuts

Legendary Member
18 so when is she going to get a proper job, if she want to carry on what she's doing she should preach to India and China

To be fair, a good few of the posts have been on the subject of whether it's appropriate for middle aged men to make sexually suggestive comments about teenage girls and young women, and if that depends on the neurotype of the woman in question. Which is perhaps a broader discussion and not to do with Thunberg per se.
😄
Now you put it like that ...
I expected some ... varied opinions on Greta, but this isn't how I thought it would turn out!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
TBH I hadn't clocked the distinction btxt thread classifications.

But I'd say, the least we could do on Gretas Birthday to take science seriously..

I can't see her being overly impressed with a shiny balloon with 18 written on it..

Sure she'd enjoy some 'weather events' though.

☔🎉🌞🌪🌈🌦☔🌈⛈🌪🌩🌈☃🌊☔🌦

Very true, particularly if it was a helium filled ballon, released, to eventually fall to the ground (or more likely) ocean, to add to the litter and debris.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I admire climate change activists energy and passion. But it is very difficult to see how the world is ever going to change. Take South Korea, recently they had the first year where deaths outstripped births prompting panic among the countries leaders and capitalists. Apparently women are choosing a life and career that doesn't involve popping out a sprog. That simply will not do. Bad for the economy you see, which it is if you are not willing to be pragmatic and change the system... might have the US army marching into Seoul and overthrowing the regime if they did. Good luck to them anyway!

Top Bottom