Has anybody else had the dreaded lurgy

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by johnnyb47, 10 Feb 2019.

1. johnnyb47

johnnyb47 Über Member

HI and hope you're all feeling better than me. Its been three blooming weeks now that i haven't used the bike. Its just sat there leaning up against the kitchen radiator gathering dust, all because I've caught the usual winter lurgy thats doing its rounds in the work place. Surely this has got to be coming to the end soon Having being forced to taking three weeks away from cycling has really put me in a dark mood. When cycling all the while you take it for granted that life is what it is, but now after three weeks of feeling lousy, I'm starting to really feel cranky and hemed in at not being able to get out there on two wheels. Watching all the cyclists this morning coming past my house for some Welsh mountain fun really peaved me as i really would of wanted to go too. Seeing all my friends on there strava adventures whilst im stuck indoors watching the rubbish on tv has made me really jealous and enviable of them too(in a good way of course )
    Hopefully in the next few days i will get back out there again enjoying it all once again. If not i think i may just have to turn to getting some therapy lol

2. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Nope.

3. Drago

Drago Guru

I've lucked out of late. I have the flu jab each year cos I'm Mrs Ds carer and cant afford to be incapacitated. Aside from a minor head cold that gave me earache it's been almost a year since I was lurgied up. I put my resilience to disease down to clean living and God worship.

4. Yes, started with a nasty cold with all the usual symptoms at the beginning of December and it really spoilt my Christmas and ended up at the doctors just after Christmas with a chest infection, still have a cough and blocked nose, when will it ever go. I've had a flu jab for the last two years and had a nasty cold both winters.

Really want to go out on the bike which I have ridden twice since beginning of December and will hopefully make it out this week.

Illaveago and johnnyb47 like this.
  5. Drago

Drago Guru

Does impotence count as the Lurgie?

6. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Like you my wife was taken out with lurgie, 4 days off work, and only today back running after three weeks off. She did a run walk on treadmill today. Luckily it did not affect me, so escaped one there. Nasty cough involved as well so interrupted sleep.

videoman, Illaveago and johnnyb47 like this.
  7. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Nope, the evidence doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Banjo, videoman, Illaveago and 4 others like this.
  8. Drago

Drago Guru

I see, so I just need a stiff upper lip?

videoman and Illaveago like this.
  9. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I've had a bad cold since last Tuesday. I can put up with it lasting a few more days, but I will be annoyed if it lingers on for another couple of weeks!

Illaveago and Drago like this.
  10. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

My wife has had two weeks of it, I shuts woke up with a cold sore, which normally indicates I am run down and heading for something.

Drago likes this.
  11. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

No worse than usual this year.

12. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

So far so good touch wood.

13. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I've woken with a sore throat so have squirted some First Defence up me nozzle!!

Illaveago likes this.
  14. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

I was out of commission for a good three weeks after boxing day and still not 100% Not a standard cold though but a horrible virus. Resting HR at about 90, sweats, no appetite.

videoman and Drago like this.
  15. It seems to go on for ages!
    I hope you get well soon .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice