Has anybody else had the dreaded lurgy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bradford factor is an equation of sick absences totted up to send you down the paper trail to oblivion.
Ah, I'm self employed...sick = no pay

But when employed taking time off sick with a contagious illness was actually a good thing for the business...certainly wouldn't take as holiday!

Milzy

Guru
Ah, I'm self employed...sick = no pay

But when employed taking time off sick with a contagious illness was actually a good thing for the business...certainly wouldn't take as holiday!
Yes but I’d rather save sick leave for potentially more serious long term things. No point having 1 day off sick, you may as well have a full week.

Flu Jab for me.

my 21 year soon was a late get his jab and was so ill with - he couldn't keep anything down, had raging chest pain, diarrhoea and at one stage was vomiting blood - he lost 2 stone in weight and was off work for 3 weeks. It was awful to watch.

Milzy

Guru
Flu Jab for me.

my 21 year soon was a late get his jab and was so ill with - he couldn't keep anything down, had raging chest pain, diarrhoea and at one stage was vomiting blood - he lost 2 stone in weight and was off work for 3 weeks. It was awful to watch.
That’s terrible to hear. If you was into cycling fitness losing 2 stone would seriously reduce your FTP too.

albal

Guru
Strep throat is definitely an import we could do without.

I haven't read the entire thread but if I'm honest I've done okay this year, threatened a few times but come to nothing which usually means I haven't been hanging around with the usual suspects in that regard.
Yes, kind of a agree, I had what I thought was the lurgy from hell . Forward 7 days and nothing. I considered a lucky escape.

Top Bottom