Has anybody else had the dreaded lurgy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The sore throat can be seen off by gargling with Corsodyl, which does kill viruses despite what naysayers will tell you.

I've been taking zinc for 6 months and haven't had so much as a sniffle. There is evidence that zinc strengthens the immune system. Could also be because I wash my hands on entering the house and at work before sitting down at my desk.

mustang1

Guru
I don't talk about this stuff just like I don't talk about punctures.

Globalti

Legendary Member
About nine months ago I was in a meeting at a big company in Cape Town and the technical manager sat down opposite me then sneezed violently in my face, twice, with no attempt to catch or deflect the spray. Sure enough by the next morning I was battling her sore throat. Grrrrr! :cursing:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yep, just coming out of the most awful 72 hour virus I've ever encountered. There are upsides, mind. This morning I weigh 10+ lbs less than on Saturday morning - which is more than mildly alarming, especially as I had none of the symptoms you might imagine would be required to induce such a loss :eek:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am on day 3 of it, my wife is just starting the second week. We go on our first family ski trip on Friday and so are really hoping the kids don’t get it and we recover in time.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP has had it quite bad for the last two weeks, it is just showing signs of going. I have had a smaller dose of it, but still have a soreish throat

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I have just one ride so far this year, on January 6th, when ironically I was blaming my lethargy on my flu jab three days earlier. If only I'd known...

I've been feeling so low I haven't had the enthusiasm to come to the forum at all. And it's not as though there hasn't been enough going on to be depressed about anyway.

I see there's a great new alphabetic cycling/photgraphic challenge - it didn't exist last time I rode my bike.

There's a relatively benign forecast for tomorrow, and I'm hoping to ease myself back in with a gentle *** miler. There's still quite a bit to be dislodged from my chest, and I'm very much looking forward to that! I'll wrap up warm and take it steady - as if I ever do anything else. :dry:

DRM

Guru
Yes, 5 weeks on now, feel better but still not right, started with sore throat & chesty cough that turned into a chest infection, had a weeks worth of antibiotics only managed one ride before this lot, of 29 km I think, my breathing still isn’t what it was, someone where my wife works had it & their GP called it the 6 week flu, all this even though I had a flu jab

gbb

Legendary Member
3 weeks for me and still going. TBF It's never been THAT bad but it just wont shift , lots of snorting trying to shift mucous from the back of my nose (sorry if that's too descriptive)
One day I had a real big pressure headache from it but generally it's just left me feeling at 70% all the time.
Up till last night I think I'd only had 2 rides in that time but late yesterday afternoon was clear, bright and modestly warm so I did a 12 miler at no pace, just to enjoy the slightly nicer weather.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I was hoping that i would start to feel somewhat better this week and dare i say it, even venture out for a bike ride, but this ruddy cold (or whatever it is) is just refusing to shift. Slightly concerning is that I'm coughing up blood in the mornings (sorry for being graphical).
If it carries on im going to reluctantly book an appointment with the doc to see if they can help.Its been hard going soldering on at work but thankfully I've have, so the bills can be paid on time.. I've kept well away from everyone to avoid spreading my filthy germs at work and once finished im completely knackered and drained of energy . I've realised things you take for granted when your married or living with someone. When you're ill and single there's no one around to help.Whether its just a simple cup of tea or help with a trip down to the chemist but "hay hoo" life goes on. So once again I'm hoping this dirty stinking virus/cold or whatever it is, will make its exit soon and my lovely bike thats gathering dust parked up against the kitchen radiator will be back where it should be. On the road with me on it :bicycle:

Top Bottom