England : East Sussex Hastings to the Sea, Saturday 4 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Right I am at the station, lurking inside by the Costa.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I cheated and bailed at Cooden Beach, where there is, indeed, a shop selling beer, got a beer, got a train to Hastings and just caught the 18:24 to Gatwick so I can do the journey home with just one change and be home by half-eight. Everyone on Hastings Station appeared to be wrecked or working on getting there.

The ride? Windy, haily, rainy, sunny and there were a couple of hills. Great run.

rb58

Enigma
I concur. A great day to be on a bike. It would have taken more than a few hills and a burst of hail to dampen our spirits. It’s a beautiful part of the country. I made my train out of Hastings with seconds to spare, despite getting lost in the town centre.

We should do another one.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I cheated and bailed at Cooden Beach, where there is, indeed, a shop selling beer, got a beer, got a train to Hastings and just caught the 18:24 to Gatwick so I can do the journey home with just one change and be home by half-eight. Everyone on Hastings Station appeared to be wrecked or working on getting there.

The ride? Windy, haily, rainy, sunny and there were a couple of hills. Great run.

Played golf at Cooden Beach a few times, not a bad course. I have a friend who uses my address to get a cheaper membership for being a way away.

rb58

Enigma
I rode home from Sevenoaks which have me a ton for the day. And a soaking from a short, sharp, cold shower. Which is annoying having dodged the rain all day. Indoors at 8.30, beer in hand. Lovely.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Eventuality yes. Cunning plan to change at Sevenoaks scuppered by delays.

Did you have jolly beer?
Yebbut I was a bit too eager with the pour, resulting in a @Crackle incident.
IMG_20190504_193631602.jpg

Top Bottom