Have you been directly affected by this rain ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Snowing here too and sticking on the bits that aren’t under water, lots of flooded roads as well. Should be an interesting commute in the morning!

gavgav

Guru
Bizarre weather in Shrewsbury. An hour ago it was 11c, mild and absolutely chucking it down with rain......it’s now 2c and bucketing down with snow!

DRM

Guru
Heading north up the A1 this morning, there was a large band of black, low cloud with heavy rain, just south of Scotch Corner, it looked like something from a dark apocalyptical film, it was still bouncing down coming home and standing on the road from the same spot, right down to Wetherby, but the rain was constant, but not as heavy in Washington.

midlife

Guru
Unbelievable, its snowing! Proper snow not sleet. Travel might be tricky tomorrow :sad:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We have lived in this house since 1982 and never seen the gardens so "flooded". The ground is just so saturated it has nowhere to go.
A good covering of snow during the night followed by heavy rain.
The Mersey flood barriers seem to be working but 3 other housing areas have flooded.

D

Deleted member 26715

I was up in the loft space at 11:45 last night we had water coming in through the roof, got a good inch of water in the bucket this morning

AndreaJ

Veteran
View from my house this morning, I’ve not seen that much water in the fields before.

Top Bottom