Have you been directly affected by this rain ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't think the snow was expected by anybody so the gritters weren't deployed beforehand. Not that there is much point gritting when it is battering down with rain because it just washes away almost as quick as it is applied.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Some ponding in the back garden. Next door's back garden similar.
A friend and her husband of Mrs B went for a walk locally yesterday and sent pictures of them walking on what were pavements, but with the water almost to the top of their wellies. 10 minutes walk from me houses had been apparently sandbagged, but the water breached.
Child 2 had to take her car to pick up a prescription and said there was major road flooding in three places between us and the town where the chemist is located.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Todmorden was pronounced 'Tod more don' on a local radio report last night.:rolleyes: I've heard them pronounce Whalley 'Wally' before.:rolleyes:
Local radio is great innit! We always get hay-sham instead of hee-sham for Heysham, and gawl-gate instead of goll-gut for Galgate.

Apparently the Beeb do have a pronunciation guide, but it was probably written by some bod darn sarf, with no local knowledge whatsoever

D

Deleted member 1258

We're not personally affected, but we are watching the situation in Warrington, our son is in a bedsit there and the road outside is flooded, he posted on facebook a while ago that the water is still rising and has spread into the front garden, the house is on a level thats a little higher than the road, he's packed a bag in case they have to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:

tony111

Veteran
Indirectly, had to take a detour driving home due to flooding and hit a pothole at 20 mph. It deflated in less than 100 yards. My pocket is now £70 lighter. Could have been worse I'spose.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It looks like we got lucky here for a change... Water levels rose towards where they start to be a problem but then started to recede again. The Calder through Todmorden was swollen today, but only to about 1/4 of the depth that I have seen it during floods.

Have you been directly affected by this rain ?

Yes I blimmin have! Very much so this morning:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We're not personally affected, but we are watching the situation in Warrington, our son is in a bedsit there and the road outside is flooded, he posted on facebook a while ago that the water is still rising and has spread into the front garden, the house is on a level thats a little higher than the road, he's packed a back in case they have to get out.
Someone just sent me an aerial video of Dallam which is 2 miles from us. Very scary. Whole areas under water.

KneesUp

Guru
My parents were advised to move out of their house at 2am because they live near the Mersey in Manchester. They went back to bed instead, but by the sounds of it the Mersey was only a few cm from bursting near them. Their garden is boggy but otherwise they're fine. The worst for them was knowing Boris Johnson was nearby today I think.

Very wet out there today. Lots of flooded fields and streams were there shouldn't be.
In Farndon the Dee is at record levels and the bridge is closed to all. That's a very popular cycling route - I hope the bridge survives - it's been there about 700 years.

Top Bottom