Have you (or anyone you know) been a contestant on a TV game show?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Not a game show, but my wife was on Ian Wright - Guinness World Records. She was one of 18 girls from her rugby club that crammed into a classic Mini Cooper and claimed the world record (at the time - subsequently beaten) for most people in a classic Mini. I went to the studio to watch it being filmed and be in the audience. They actually beat their own record of 16.

Funny little story - I had been working with the girls on practicing the cramming - working out who could fit into what spaces, in what order they needed to get in and so on. We used a Mini that someone local owned. We had it down perfectly, including one in the boot.

Come the day of filming and they were presented with their car - a shiny, relatively new Cooper S. They start practicing ahead of the attempt, open the boot to get the one girl in there to find this car is fitted with twin fuel tanks, taking up more space than the car we'd practiced in. Kudos to the girl nominated for the boot though - she still went in!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
No TV appearances for me, my application to Jim'll Fix It was unsuccessful.

Any extroverts out there? - Take part - Naked Attraction

I was invited onto the stage at a Panto once, I told a joke.

Why couldn't the hedgehog wash his hair?
Because he'd left his Head and Shoulders in the road! 😁

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
A friend of mine was on Blockbusters back in the late 80s. He's on some outtakes videos too, but doesn't get any royalties for those. Lasted only one round, but on a question about "What P did Pitt describe as the lungs of London", he answered "Prostitutes".

Also had a friend that auditioned for X-factor or something similar and was shown as one of the worst contestants in Birmingham. Murdered "Angels", IIRC.

Another friend appeared on a little-known and easily forgotten game show during the day. Don't ask me what it was.

And finally a colleague on that C4 makeover show where they improve the house based on what they "find" in the garage or attic. His acting was dreadful.

stephec

Legendary Member
Mrs Stephec's friend was on Family Fortunes back in the Bob Monkhouse days.

Not quite a game show but, my daughter went to school with the daughter of one of the tradesmen on Sixty Minute Makeover, no me neither. 😂

PK99

Legendary Member
A cousin was on Criss Cross Quiz in the 60's.

Her claim to fame was being the only winning contestant to not return the next week. Her fiancée was over for her sister's wedding and they got a special licence and she emigrated to Canada!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In 1997 or so I started working at a place where a bloke who had just left had been on Crystal Maze.

I think it was Crystal Maze. May have been something else

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I couldn't reply to this thread without my prize - now found. Anyone else have one of these?

Teapot.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've also remembered that I used to work with a bloke who looked like the Mekon. Then a few years later I saw him, with his big shiny bald head, on a TV quiz. But I don't remember which one.

Top Bottom