Have you (or anyone you know) been a contestant on a TV game show?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A works colleague was on one of those home refurbishment shows doing the post refurb walk round "Oh I don't like that" bit as her daughter worked at the estate agent that had something to do with the sale of the place. Her husband has been on a number of the daytime TV quiz shows and Popmaster apparently.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
About 25 years ago I was on a schools’ edition of Fifteen to One.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Hungry Horse place near the station?

Rams Head - just looked it up. It's much posher than it was 30 years ago ! Oh I feel old..... - we picked up the water bottles in front of it. I've been passed in the last few years but never looked at the pub, as I've come out of Lyme Park on the MTB. It's 'posh' now... Google Maps say's it's posh !

stephec

Legendary Member
Rams Head - just looked it up. It's much posher than it was 30 years ago ! Oh I feel old..... - we picked up the water bottles in front of it. I've been passed in the last few years but never looked at the pub, as I've come out of Lyme Park on the MTB. It's 'posh' now... Google Maps say's it's posh !

I went in there once about 20 years ago, a quick search suggests that it's definitely changed now. 😂

Alex321

Veteran
My sister-in-law has been on a few. Fifteen to one was the first one she went on, and I think the most recent was the Chase.

She was also on a Welsh language historical reality type show as the cook in an 18th century house.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Oh, and I'm going to be on the next series of ITV's Starstruck next month, as their last series prize winner.

And not a game show but son no. 2 and myself were on an episode of Ned Boulting's The Club, on the very short-lived Cycling channel in early 2017. Part 1 has an interview with Brian Robinson, and Part 2 has Ned roller racing against son. no 2. What they didn't know was he'd been in hospital the day before with breathing issues and was under strict instructions to take things easy; he'd ridden up Holme Moss earlier that day and then did the roller racing.

Last edited:
Chap I know went on “Beat the Chasers”

Think he won £60k. Said he was going to spend it on following Springsteen’s world tour

I can do 'The Chase' questions from home quite well and I'm rubbish at quizzes.

Been on the telly, on my bike, in the "amazing show" that is Chuckle Vision ! Season 2, Episode 'Cycle Crazy' - I was the lad with a white and green cap on (no potty lids then). The show got a bit of a 'cult status' in later series, we were like 'WTAF' as we got 'conned' into it by our club secretary. TBH glad I did it all these years later.

Big fan of Chuckle Vision. I might have to look that one up !

My sister was on Bizzare ER. The paramedics filled her with very effective painkillers and she was as high as a kite which may not be that unusual in the media world.
She didn't win anything, but thanks to all the medics, neither did she lose anything.

Solocle

Über Member
The closest I got was auditioning for my college's University Challenge team, late 2017. I didn't make the cut.

But it was after our last appearance other than Christmas Specials, so...
1673864950923.png

I did spot people that I did recognise on telly, though.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
A girl I went to high school with was on "Fun House" with Pat Sharp when her and her friends were in primary school. I don't know any other person who has been on TV. neither have I met or even seen anyone remotely famous (apart from a few bands on stage) :cry:

Top Bottom