He didn't knock me off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

hackbike 6 said:
Should have PG on his videos.

These video's contain violence and swearing.;)

And all in Scotch!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Scotch ?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear....

Scotch is a drink - Scottish is the accent.

Still - loved the cheery exchange of sweary banter. Very 'Still Game' ;-)
I think I've got used to so many close passes recently that they don't bother me. A few months ago and fresh on the 'all road' route, I used to get a bit narked but now I just tend to think, 'idiot', and tootle on. I'm always highly amused that they pass so closely, then as they get further away in the distance they move further and further out from the side of the road - like some kind of weird delayed reaction to the 'I'd better give that cyclist some room' thought (or perhaps it just goes to prove that they're deliberately buzzing cyclists for some kind of perverse satisfaction).

When I eventually get the camera strapped to the helmet I must post a few of these up. Perhaps a pschologist or behavioural therapist might be able to explain the motorists' behaviour

OP
OP
M

magnatom

andyfromotley said:
Tom.... what the f*ck was all that about??? I'm afraid the situation is most unclear to me! You must immediately fit two side view cameras to give us the complete picture!:biggrin:

On a side note, is anybody else finding toms videos increasingly tense? They are becoming reminscent of m night shalyman films, or mid 90's episodes of casualty................... he's a normal cyclist on a lovely surburban street, its quiet and the sun if filtering through the trees...........but you just know SOMETHING REALLY BAD is going to happen!!! I like em!

andy

;)

Would I be the security officer (one you had never seen before) on a star trek away mission?:biggrin::angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

goo_mason said:
I think I've got used to so many close passes recently that they don't bother me.

Goo, I'm the same, for every close pass that I post there are probably another 5 that I let pass. This one felf particularly close. If you watch the video you will see I turn and see him and swerve left a bit before he passes to get out of his way. Even then, I wouldn't have posted it if he hadn't made that idiotic comment (oh and it was the first time with the rear view camera!).

I really must get that review written....

OP
OP
M

magnatom

mr_cellophane said:
The sound while you are discussing the pass is much clearer from the rear camera.

Actually, I'm quite impressed with the sound (and the video) from the camera, especially at the price (£40). I'll try and cobble together the review tomorrow, but with some caveats, I would recommend it.

PrettyboyTim

magnatom said:
This white van passes very close forcing me to move close to parked cars. He suggests that his driving was fine because he didn't knock me off. :biggrin:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyKazfxauI

This video has footage from my helmet camera and my rear view camera. I think the pass looks further away with the rear-view, but that is probably because of it's height, and the fact that it has a wide field of view.

Man, I really need to finish those instructions on the construction of a distance sensor!

hackbike 6

I just rode to Ilford and back and found most motorists too nice.

Bit hairy coming back on the A12 though with the road layout encouraging close passes and I also think this road is dangerous for cyclists coming up from Wanstead.Apart from the A12 where everyone was passing close there was just one AHole in Ilford.

The turning outside my house I pulled to the left because I wanted to turn right but a nice motorist insisted on letting me out so I had to do the right turn without him realizing originally why I had pulled in making it a more dodgy manoeuvre than it needed to be.Too nice mr motorist.

Norv

Part of the problem with cars over-taking too close, happenes when there's a flow of on-coming traffic in the opposite direction. Most people see that there's a space between the rider and the on-coming cars and squeeze through it thinking that's the only way of doing it. The idea of waiting untill there's a gap in the on-coming traffic, THEN over-taking the rider, leaving bags of space, seems ridiculous to them.

shooter560

I agree he was a little close, but by your own words this was probably only 1 in 5, and only posted as there was an exchange, I guess from this you have a pop at anyone you can if they pass you a little too close.

I know what its like, I also shout and swear at drivers, sometimes even goad them in to a reply or two, but 60 seconds later its all forgotten, I'm still here and yes it was close but not close enough to hit you so what's the problem?

Top Bottom