He didn't knock me off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This white van passes very close forcing me to move close to parked cars. He suggests that his driving was fine because he didn't knock me off. :angry:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyKazfxauI

This video has footage from my helmet camera and my rear view camera. I think the pass looks further away with the rear-view, but that is probably because of it's height, and the fact that it has a wide field of view.

domtyler

Über Member
Nice clip, one of your best for outright entertainment value. Your approach nowadays is far better I must say, a few choice "Feck you", "Feck you an'all" etc. comes across so much better than quoting Cyclecraft at people! :angry:

domtyler

Über Member
hackbike 6 said:
;)
...and I go to church every Sunday.:wacko:

I don't like those sort of roads where the cars or whatever do dodgy overtakes like that.There is a really dodgy road leading up to Stratford where this can happen.

Amen to that! :angry:

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I genuinely think that he thought he gave you enough room - they always do!

I think that the highway code is very badly worded - doens't it say something like "give a cyclist as much room as you would a car when you overtake"?

Car's only give each other inches when they over take don't they?

The highway code should be re-worded to say - "give a cyclist 4 feet of space when you overtake them" or "give a cyclist enough room to fall over and not be run over by your car" or "pretend you are overtaking something the size of a car when you overtake a cyclist"....

...or better still - "Cyclists have a right to be on the road - you d*ck":smile:

Love the exchange of insults though! Reminds me of one of my own once.

Me cycling along - woman in a blue rover decides to turn right in front of me...

Me - "what are you doing? Can't you see you have have to give way to me!? You nearly knocked me off?! " (in a remarkably reasonable fashion for me!)

Her - "oh shut up"

Me - "oh p*55 off you fat cow!"

Her - "something illegible"

Me - "bit of bloody excercise would do you the world of good you fat cow"

Love the way it degenerates!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Lol - I love the almost casual exchange of "F*ck You" and "F*ck You Too" as if they're old friends saying goodbye.

Gotta love those drivers - it's okay as he didn't actually hit you. So, based on that logic you can only expect an apology if you get knocked off.

Twat.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Oooh errr that exchange (minus Scottish accents) sounds eerily familiar. It's really too bad that something can degenerate so quickly.

One day.... one day.... a driver might just apologize. But I'm not holding my breath.

Nice to get the rear view of the camera Magnatom.

Cab

Whats needed is a very, very simple rule for how much space is required to safely pass a cyclsit. Until we have that clarity in law then too many motorists will pass far more closely than is safe, and no police force in the country will prosecute for dangerous driving when its a 'near miss'.

I’d be tempted to swing the old D-Lock a few inches from his face and then, when he complains, ask him what he’s moaning about as you “didn’t actually strike him” with it – another pointless overtake that saved him no time in the end.

Cab

spindrift said:
Fire a gun between his legs.

Didn't actually hit him.

From his driving I'd say that the chances of hitting anything between his legs would be quite slim. Almost as slim as the risk to his brain from a bullet anywhere other than in his ar$e.

andyfromotley

Tom.... what the f*ck was all that about??? I'm afraid the situation is most unclear to me! You must immediately fit two side view cameras to give us the complete picture!;)

On a side note, is anybody else finding toms videos increasingly tense? They are becoming reminscent of m night shalyman films, or mid 90's episodes of casualty................... he's a normal cyclist on a lovely surburban street, its quiet and the sun if filtering through the trees...........but you just know SOMETHING REALLY BAD is going to happen!!! I like em!

andy

Top Bottom