Health & Safety inspector required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's absolutely fine. He's wearing a helmet.

Slick

Guru
SG4:15 is the guidance we use to comply with the work at height regulation 2005. To be honest, whilst they do look skilled, it just makes me sad that nobody cares enough about them to plan or do the job correctly that may mezn the difference between life and death. It wouldn't take an awful lot.

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5261051, member: 21629"]Couple of years ago one company started to build new houses in a residential street next to ours. Though it's not skyscrapers. I've got quite a few pics of builders walking on roofs without any PPE (just hi-viz and safety shoes). I'm not a builder so maybe it's normal though people working with buildings in High Street always wear full PPE.[/QUOTE]
Roof work is one of the last unprotected areas on a building site. Most think they are doing well providing roof edge protection and get all upset when you mention roofers and joiner using harnesses and running lines.

matiz

Guru
It only relatively recently things have improved in this country,ive been on a couple of collapsing scaffolds the one put four men in hospital,ive had a gas bottle blow up and put me in the burns unit, I was on site building a school when a lift brake failed and killed a guy,
I was on a crew reroofing a factory over
the top of big uncovered acid tanks ,at the time it was do the job or starve ,I even remember in the early 70s changing a window on the tenth floor of a council block by kneeling on the draining board in the kitchen with someone holding my belt to stop me falling out,no risk assessment no scaffold and that was a council job,
I might write a book about it one day I've got plenty of material,

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
upload_2018-5-30_0-38-18.png

Friggin' hilarious

Top Bottom