Hello everyone from Sunny ... I mean Rainy Scotland!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
welcome to the forum

+1 on redcards suggestions, the cycle track that goes out from paisley is good. Sometimes cycle tracks are not in great condition but this one has miles of nice smooth tarmac and is a pleasure to be on. If you fancy going to Troon you can take it all the way there (although some sections are on the road) would make for a good day out in the summer.

Fubar

Guru
hello everyone just joined not sure what am doing yet . in dunfermline here and use the dunfermline to alloa track did 100 miles this week getting stronger new bike helps :-)

Hi Jillywitchy, welcome to the forum. Probably best to start a new post in the "Welcome Mat" here:

http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/the-welcome-mat.14/

So that everyone gets the chance to know you and say hello! I'm in Dunfermline as well, 100 miles in a week is pretty good! We have a forum ride going out tomorrow if you are interested, check out the CC Informal Rides and Events section for "CC Ecosse - Round the Forth" here:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cc-ecosse-round-the-forth-saturday-24-march.97880/

Regards, Mark

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
hello everyone just joined not sure what am doing yet . in dunfermline here and use the dunfermline to alloa track did 100 miles this week getting stronger new bike helps :-)

:hello: jillywitchy and :welcome: to CC ! :wahhey:

You seem to be learning fast how to post things and great to have you around :thumbsup:.

Sadly, you joined just too late to get involved in the inaugural CC Ecosse Forum Ride of 2012, when we went Round the Forth on Saturday. Despite the mist and fog, we didn't loose anyone, mainly due to expert navigation from Honestman1910 and sleekitcollie. We were very ably gathered for our ride by Fubar and Col5632, who will probably be plotting planning another ride soon :bicycle: , I would imagine ... Some of the riders are here. Keep an eye on that section and come along for a Forum ride. There will be CAKE ! :hungry:

A year or five ago :laugh: , a certain young lady from Dunfermline also started cycling and used the Dunf-Alloa track for learning. Now she rides so fast with the Dunf CC that she is but a passing gust of wind to the rest of us .... so when you meet Jane Smart ... remind her about CC :biggrin:

Moral: Beware the Dunfermline - Alloa track :evil:

Look forward to meeting and riding with you :rose:

Col5632

Guru
Just try and stop me joining in on the next ride ;)

The cake stop was amazing aswell, going to take the missus to it one day soon it was that good :hungry:

:hello: jillywitchy and :welcome: to CC ! :wahhey:

You seem to be learning fast how to post things and great to have you around :thumbsup:.

Sadly, you joined just too late to get involved in the inaugural CC Ecosse Forum Ride of 2012, when we went Round the Forth on Saturday. Despite the mist and fog, we didn't loose anyone, mainly due to expert navigation from Honestman1910 and sleekitcollie. We were very ably gathered for our ride by Fubar and Col5632, who will probably be plotting planning another ride soon :bicycle: , I would imagine ... Some of the riders are here. Keep an eye on that section and come along for a Forum ride. There will be CAKE ! :hungry:

A year or five ago :laugh: , a certain young lady from Dunfermline also started cycling and used the Dunf-Alloa track for learning. Now she rides so fast with the Dunf CC that she is but a passing gust of wind to the rest of us .... so when you meet Jane Smart ... remind her about CC :biggrin:

Moral: Beware the Dunfermline - Alloa track :evil:

Look forward to meeting and riding with you :rose:
well am out every day now with this lovely weather and doning the 25miles in 1hour 30 mins

Col5632

Guru
well am out every day now with this lovely weather and doning the 25miles in 1hour 30 mins

Thats good going :thumbsup: Think i would struggle to do that, i remember it taking me about 50 or so mins to get from my house to the end of the alloa path which i thought was good at the time :ohmy:

Thats good going :thumbsup: Think i would struggle to do that, i remember it taking me about 50 or so mins to get from my house to the end of the alloa path which i thought was good at the time :ohmy:
thanks col loving my new bike it helps the worst bit is am at the bottom off the park and its all up hill from there all good tho when i get to the track trying to speed up my last 3and half miles on track are a struggle :-(

Col5632

Guru
thanks col loving my new bike it helps the worst bit is am at the bottom off the park and its all up hill from there all good tho when i get to the track trying to speed up my last 3and half miles on track are a struggle :-(

Public park hill? Speed will come once you get on the bike more and more :thumbsup:

If you havent already i recommend doing the two capitals cycle, goes from the glen (dunfermline) to victoria park near ocean terminal and they are doing an official return route this year (about 50 miles in total) More info can be found here:

http://twocapitals.org/

Also Pedal for scotland in september is another good ride :thumbsup:

http://www.pedalforscotland.org/

Public park hill? Speed will come once you get on the bike more and more :thumbsup:

If you havent already i recommend doing the two capitals cycle, goes from the glen (dunfermline) to victoria park near ocean terminal and they are doing an official return route this year (about 50 miles in total) More info can be found here:

http://twocapitals.org/

Also Pedal for scotland in september is another good ride :thumbsup:

http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
cool would love to do that i dont like the roads but be ok with you guys

Col5632

Guru
cool would love to do that i dont like the roads but be ok with you guys
ok must stop chatting and get out on my bike and make the most of this sun ty for your help

No problem, most of the two capitals run is either closed road or quiet roads and alot along the water front in leith, group keeps you right and safe anyways, never alone really.

The cake :hungry: stop was good - but not the best around .... ;)

Theres better? Where????? :hungry:

Top Bottom