Hello from Coventry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I have no idea where any of that is, will plan a route out on garmin connect anf follow the breadcrumb trail via the edge 200. But thankyou for the suggestion :-)

I was thinking something like this : http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=621808 ; it's quite a windy route and you can go several ways after Beausale, but it's a different way to get out towards the Lowsonford area that Dave suggested. I've put the Peugeot dealership as the starting point.
But generally speaking, heading S or SW from Cov you've got plenty of good riding and can't go far wrong.

D

Deleted member 1258

I was thinking something like this : http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=621808 ; it's quite a windy route and you can go several ways after Beausale, but it's a different way to get out towards the Lowsonford area that Dave suggested. I've put the Peugeot dealership as the starting point.
But generally speaking, heading S or SW from Cov you've got plenty of good riding and can't go far wrong.

Lovely route, Rouncil lane is a lane thats a regular one for cyclists, in Fish Lane theres a right and left before a hill, sometimes theres sand/gravel on the corners, should be OK with all the rain lately, at the top of the hill theres a lovely old church on the right

Photo0048.jpg

That route takes you past Hatton Country world, theres a cafe there if you want to stop, but its pricey.

OP
OP
James Ots

James Ots

All these route ideas will come in handy once I get my new Tricross. Or Jake. Still can't decide.

Regarding LBSes: Has anyone used The Bike Yard in Leamington Spa? They seem pretty good and have good reviews on the internet.

D

Deleted member 1258

All these route ideas will come in handy once I get my new Tricross. Or Jake. Still can't decide.

Regarding LBSes: Has anyone used The Bike Yard in Leamington Spa? They seem pretty good and have good reviews on the internet.

Its not one I know.

Lincov

Try Albany Cycles in Earlsdon, they faced my bottom bracket for me a few weeks ago and did a good job.
http://www.albanycycles.co.uk/

or the Coventry Cycle Centre in Far Gosford St, I haven't used them since I moved into Holbrooks, but I used to use them a lot and they were good.
http://www.coventrycyclecentre.co.uk/
Mike Vaughan cycles in Kenilworth is pretty good, and I've heard a lot of positive stuff about Jardine Cycles in Tile Hill. I bought my bike from Trek at Leekes, highly recommended, but haven't had any work done by them.

D

Deleted member 1258

Mike Vaughan cycles in Kenilworth is pretty good, and I've heard a lot of positive stuff about Jardine Cycles in Tile Hill. I bought my bike from Trek at Leekes, highly recommended, but haven't had any work done by them.

I haven't used Mike Vaughan for years, I used to work in Kenilworth, Mike Vaughan senior used to be a regular on the Coventry Road Club Rides, they were good but tended to be expensive, I've not used Jardine Cycles much but when I have they've been good.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Happy CCing-the Peaks are only just up the road from you [hilly though!]
It's a bit more than 'just up the road' to the Peak District from Coventry! I did a ride from Coventry to Hebden Bridge via the PD and it was hours before I got to the first decent PD hill, at Bollington, I think.

PD nearby for South Manchester, and for Sheffield, but not Coventry!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:cold::wacko:Hmm, must have been using them country miles, like smart people from Biggin and Pilsbury do...
I'm on the other computer now which has my route files on it. The village with the steep hill was Brassington, just after Carsington Water, and a mile short of the Peak District national park boundary, 60 miles from Coventry by the route I rode!

Chris Swift

Guys all sounds good, hoping to get out on my bike next week (half term). If anyone is free let me know, not sure on how far can ride hoping to try about 30 miles, did 10 on my mountain bike in 1 hour 15.

Chris

robjh

Legendary Member
I used to use Jardine Cycles quite a bit when I worked down that way and was always happy with them. They do a lot of kids' and family bikes and don't look seriously roady like Coventry Cycle Centre but they are friendly and do the job (and are possibly a bit cheaper).

Top Bottom