Hello from Slough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Normy Normy - what are we to do with you!!!! Lol
That's easy... coffee and cake.

Although, after 4 hours canoeing yesterday, an arm and leg transplant would be appreciated (& I've got another 4 hours booked this afternoon!)

Norm

Argh... typed it and lost it, start again...

From Montem through Chalvey and over Eton Bridge to Windsor, then through Dedworth to Oakley Green and Fifield, south onto the Drift Road, along to North Street, Winkfield, pick up Braziers Lane, through Winkfield Row to Hayley Green, past Warfield Church and onto the Ascot Road. From there we can either turn right to Maidens Green and over Winkfield Plain or left to the other end of the Drift Road, then back through Dedworth to Eton. About 25 miles and 500 feet of climbing, although most of that is between mile 6 and 8, the rest is gentle bobbling.

Alternatively, out of Windsor on the A332 through the park to Woodside, pik up Lovel Road to North Street and follow the second half of the above. About 4 miles shorter but more climbing as the road through the park has a bugger of a walk climb on it. :giggle:

Plan C, about the same distance as Plan A but an extra 100 ft of climb is through Chalvey to Eton, then through Datchet to Old Windsor, up Crimp Hill (bring walking shoes :heat:) and into the park at Bishopsgate, then car-free past the Copper Horse, through the Village and out onto the roads again at Cranbourne Gate, then to Woodside and follow the above.

Norm

They all sound good Norm - now remember the date and time :-)
Sunday at 3:30? :giggle:

The joke, as Hotmetal will confirm, is that I am always 10 minutes late, I've never before been early, let alone 7 days early. I set off from home on Saturday morning and it was about 10 minutes after I wanted to leave, so I worked my nuts off to make it up. As I pulled into the ice rink car park, I could hardly see through the tears of effort and sweat running down my face, but it was exactly 8am. I was so bloody proud to have got there for 8 o'clock I did three laps of the car park looking for someone to hug and express my joy - probably not a wise thing to do in an ice rink car park at 8am on a Saturday, but still.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Classic :biggrin: i dont mind any of those routes if im being totaly honest ive got no hill experience as yet but ive gotta start somewhere (not sure crimp hill is the best place to try :cry: lol ) all those routes sound pretty tasty so look foward to seeing you all Saturday morning about 10 past 8 for a group hug by the sounds of it :ph34r: lol

defy-one

Just for the record ..... I'M HUGGING NO ONE!
see you at 8am sharp!!!
Dropped into old Windsor today by bike,looked at crimp hill and thought nah not today.
Average speeds have gone up now. On the flats i'm cruising at 18-19 mph :biggrin:
It's the hills that do me in :sad:

Norm

I'm not built for uphills. :giggle: The first route I listed does have a relatively long upwards stretch but most of that doesn't feel "up", just a couple of short kicks.

Top Bottom