Hello from Slough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, after the obligatory 20+ years of car, beer & kids I have decided I need to get fit again. Used to do 200 miles a week on the bike and now going round the block is an effort :shy: (in my defence it involves a hill! :whistle:)

Abandoned the old MTB and brought an almost new Carrera Virtuoso to see how I get on, biggest problem is my 13 year old has fallen in love with it after the block of iron that he has for the school ride (anything better than £100 ASDA/Halfords gets stolen or vandalised).

Adding swimming sessions twice a week and looking forward to getting fitter! :becool:

:hello: and :welcome: from south Derbyshire! I'm looking to shift a little body fat myself and as well as nailing the miles on my hybrid I do a bit in the tub twice a week too! :smile:

hotmetal

Er, so, just to clarify then, is it 8am on Sat 15th at the ice rink near Montem Lane, Slough SL1 2QG?
If so, I might well join you (if I'm awake that early!)

Norm

Er, so, just to clarify then, is it 8am on Sat 15th at the ice rink near Montem Lane, Slough SL1 2QG?
Yes, it is also 8am on Saturday 15th. Apparently, the meet last Saturday was only for one person, although I did have a pleasant, if quiet, ride around Chalvey at that time. :giggle:

hotmetal

LOLZ! Bummer that you were early for once and no-one noticed… Then again, 10,080 minutes early probably makes up for a lifetime of being 10 minutes late! :laugh:
Then again, I am totally no better. When it comes to cutting it fine, I make Rose's Lime Marmalade look chunky. :excl: Sorry, it's been a long week and I've reached the point where my neurons fire sideways... anyhoo, hope to see you all on Sat all being well.

Hang on, pleasant ride round Chalvey? Is that a first?! :tongue:

Norm

Then again, 10,080 minutes early probably makes up for a lifetime of being 10 minutes late! :laugh:
I should probably argue, but I wouldn't be able to do it with any conviction. :blush: ;)

Hang on, pleasant ride round Chalvey? Is that a first?! :tongue:
Nope... you just need to be there at 8am on a sunny Saturday morning. :giggle:

Mind you, have you been through there recently? I was glad that I did get there for a recce ride (that's now my excuse!) as they've completely changed the roads and the junction under the railway bridge. It was surprisingly pleasant riding, in a contra-flow bike lane which was away from the door zone - not perfect but definitely a lot better than anything that the RBW&M have attempted, which usually doesn't go beyond slapping a blue sign on a footpath.

defy-one

First Slough arm of CC ride done. My thanks to Norm,Paul and Mark for making it an enjoyable mornings ride.
The coffee,cake and changing of the guard was a nice end to the ride.

uploadfromtaptalk1347716020223.jpg

They were marching in a straight line :honest

Norm

Golly! No mention of the chap who lost their legs half way up High Standing Hill. ;)

Hope that the route / speed etc were OK for all. I made a small amendment because the traffic was a tad heavier than expected, hopefully the coffee and cake and the bearskin hats made up for it. :biggrin:

hotmetal

Yes,well done for getting the ride organised. Was very pleasant, company, route, pace, coffee... Hope to do it again. I got tangled up with another group from Kingston coming out of Windsor, friendly guys so ended up riding an extra 12 miles. Not the wisest thing before a couple of hours' martial arts training, my legs are like jelly now, going to fall asleep in the bath probably...

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Very good to meet you all thoroughly enjoyable mornings ride really enjoyed hearing the knowledge you all have and a free history lesson from our tour guide Norm :thumbsup: hope we can all meet up again soon as poss.

Cheers guys :smile:

defy-one

I will pencil in 2 weeks today. See how we go nearer the time. hopefully Norm won't have to walk "that" hill next time
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347726438.304840.jpg

hotmetal

Lolz! Everyone has off days, but credit due to anyone who says Good morning! to Cardinal Chunder at 8am and still leads a ride!

Lord Normski of Windsor, who could doubt your authoritative knowledge of East Berks? Plus, I know a gap between a column and a ceiling when I see one. You can almost see it in Kam's pic. Never actually noticed it before though, and I like the story. You don't get that these days, too many regulators, inspectors and jobsworths nowadays.

Paul, (ktm?) Duke of Datchet!

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Like Paul said anyone that can xx( up on the way to a ride then just carry on is a machine :becool:i have to say i was glad we had the rest at the top of that hill cos i was dying for a smoke :giggle:

Top Bottom