Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

BentMikey said:
I think you should post it on the other forums, because that's what's best for your charity and will bring the charity the most money.

I suppose you could say they have to be cyclechat members to be in the draw, that way you kill two birds with one stone, increase cyclechat's membership and get more money for the charity?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I suppose you are right BentMikey, but I don't want to annoy anyone here (i.e. it might reduce the odds of winning :biggrin: ) and I'm a little worried if anything went wrong (i.e. camera gets lost in post, anyone grumps about the result etc) that it would be easier to resolve if it was kept here. Not that there should be any problems of course!!

Bonj, in some ways this would be ideal, but it would probably come across as poaching members, and I don't want to start a forum war!! :biggrin:

I'll give it a bit of thought.

However, in the mean time get entering folks!!!!:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Up to £85 now, fifteen to go for your target. As I have put on the site, if I win it I will keep the cam for a month, take a few vids to post up here and then raffle it off again.

bonj2

I suppose there might be politics involved if any newbie that signed up just to take part in the draw complained of it not being fair because they thought there was a preference to pick someone who was already a member, but then again anyone could pick a reason why it might not be fair - it's their decision whether or not they trust you, and they should only take part in the first place if they do. (Which I'm sure everyone does by the way, I do. :biggrin:)

bonj2

domtyler said:
Up to £85 now, fifteen to go for your target. As I have put on the site, if I win it I will keep the cam for a month, take a few vids to post up here and then raffle it off again.

you may have started a ball rolling here - it could keep going round and round and round the forum and eventually by random chance end up back at magnatom :biggrin:
why not?

col

Legendary Member
bonj said:
you could but coins in an envelope might not be a good idea, ok with a fiver?

oops sorry,i didnt check my pms, thanks for that mag,ill send something postswift,and dont worry,it will only be a postal order:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:

Thanks Dom!!
Thats a nice offer, although I should stress that the eventual winner should not feel obliged to do this. It is a good safety aid and worth having IMHO. :biggrin:

Of course Dom you would have to post some videos before you re-raffle it!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

col said:
I was going to use postal orders,but it seems your the only answer iv recieved on this up to now;)

Col,

You should have a PM. Either a cheque or a very large wad of cash would be acceptable :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Up to £90 now.

If I win, I plan to film my commute and canvas motorists' general opinion on cyclists, to prove once and for all that all this negativity about cycling and dangerous driving is just a figment of Mag's camagination*.

Although it may of course expose me as a space cadet who cycles everywhere in a blissful bubble of unawareness!

*(C) Tete2007

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tetedelacourse said:
Up to £90 now.

If I win, I plan to film my commute and canvas motorists' general opinion on cyclists, to prove once and for all that all this negativity about cycling and dangerous driving is just a figment of Mag's camagination*.

Although it may of course expose me as a space cadet who cycles everywhere in a blissful bubble of unawareness!

*(C) Tete2007

:biggrin: Just be careful who you canvas. My experience suggests that you should stay away from drivers of small black cars....:biggrin:

Thanks for the entry!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Col,

Your donation is in. Thanks very much!! I just hope you don't write bouncy cheques or have a high quality printer at home.....:biggrin::biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Col,

You should have a PM. Either a cheque or a very large wad of cash would be acceptable :biggrin:

Sorry deleted my last thread,yes i did thanks mag.Large wad er i mean small postal order on its way today.

Top Bottom