Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Many thanks to panter and cyclebum for their entries contributions!! :biggrin:

We've reached £122 now which is brilliant, however the odds of bonj winning the camera are still way, way too high!!! Come on folks get you entries in! :biggrin:

Remember the web site is http://www.justgiving.com/magnatom

Bonj,

Any luck with the camera yet? The weather is great for filming at the moment!

bonj2

magnatom said:
Bonj,

Any luck with the camera yet? The weather is great for filming at the moment!

I haven't had much spare time yet to figure it out and get it going yet but I will hopefully do tomorrow.

bonj2

yes! its first outing today, and managed to get a beeping in! will it have picked that up, i'm presuming it records sound aswell? I'll upload the footage tonight when I get home, I might do the journey home with it on the helmet mount.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
yes! its first outing today, and managed to get a beeping in! will it have picked that up, i'm presuming it records sound aswell? I'll upload the footage tonight when I get home, I might do the journey home with it on the helmet mount.
:biggrin:

The mic is pretty poor, so it probably won't pick up the horn (depends how loud and how near).

Looking forward to seeing it. Did you wear it on your helmet or handlebars?

bonj2

magnatom said:
:biggrin:

The mic is pretty poor, so it probably won't pick up the horn (depends how loud and how near).

Looking forward to seeing it. Did you wear it on your helmet or handlebars?

fairly near :biggrin: . as in, next to :biggrin: :biggrin:
I had it on the handlebars this morning. might have it on my helmet tonight.

bonj2

oh i'm presuming that you if you switch it on by holding the left button and then press the middle button to start recording, if there's already an avi on there then it just starts a new one, it doesn't overwrite does it?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
oh i'm presuming that you if you switch it on by holding the left button and then press the middle button to start recording, if there's already an avi on there then it just starts a new one, it doesn't overwrite does it?

Correct. It doesn'y overwrite. It will just keep producing new files until you run out of space.

bonj2

i uploaded a video - see
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=83719

I'll put all future videos in that forum from now on.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Been a bit of activity with a few more entries. Thanks go to Stig-OT-dump, carwash and PrettyBoyTim. :biggrin:

It's looking less likely that bonj will win now. Come on folks let's make it as certain as possible. Remember bonj has offered to pay the postage!! :biggrin:

(UK only!)

bonj2

hang on. if the donation's £137.10, then surely someone's only donated 10 pence! so I think we should strike some people off. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom