Helmet camera laws in Switzerland?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
And cheese. Wonderful cheese.
and money laundering...allegedly

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wonderful? Really? I thought it was notorious for being full of holes.
This reminds me of something I really should put in the management euphemism thread. Basically we had to record an incident because the holes in the cheese lined up.

Interesting that they are so obsessed with privacy .... I've got an Australian friend who has Swiss citizenship. It comes from his grandparent or great grandparent. As long as your parent is a citizen, and you register, you are a citizen.

Anyway, as his kids are growing up so he rings the Swiss embassy to register them. "No" he is told "we already have all them recorded" and proceeds to tell him the dates and places of birth of his kids and for extra credit, his wife. So the Government is keeping a good eye on citizens all over the world.

I'm pretty sure the Australian Government has no official idea where I am.

To the OP, if you rent a flat, don't forget you can't have a bath on Sundays.

And then there is this ban ...

image.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Well at least this time it took three pages to bring up the nazis ;)

Well now someone's mentioned the war, can anyone explain what happened once escaped PoWs made it to Switzerland? Did they have to get lodgings and presumably a job for the duration of the war? They'd not have been able to catch a bus home would they?

Drago

Legendary Member
At different points of the war, parts of Switzerland's borders abutted countries in allied hands. In between times they were forced to make cuckoo clocks.

I did wonder whether the "proportionality" argument could also be an answer:

The principle of proportionality is also frequently breached when using dashcams. If the camera is run constantly in order to obtain evidence and thus everything is recorded (i.e. not just specific incidents such as accidents), data processing is not limited to people involved in an incident or who have acted unlawfully. Anyone within range of the camera is recorded indiscriminately. Doing this is totally disproportionate to the purpose of the exercise, as all road users come under general suspicion and a stockpile is made of processed data.

Many systems run on a loop overwriting the previous footage. It only makes a permanent record of a specified period if an impact occurs or deliberately selected.

Would a video of say 60 seconds recording the actual incident be more acceptable?

Top Bottom