Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

Not entirely true......

bus-crashes-into-house-2.jpg

Oh no, I'm distraught. I'm going to have to wear a thudguard whilst staying indoors now.

Oh no, I'm distraught. I'm going to have to wear a thudguard whilst staying indoors now.

.... and I hope the Bus Driver was wearing one!

Rod

With the amount of cyclist who get mashed in London I would want full body armour

It really is a terrible city to cycle in. The 'Borris' bikes and blue lick of paint over yellow lines and gutters to denote a cycle path have not, in my opinion, led to anything resembling 'critical mass' or a safe and respected cycle highway.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I banged my head in the cupboard under the stairs as I was looking for my helmet.
So better go buy another helmet so I can look under the stairs for a helmet safely.

trsleigh

It really is a terrible city to cycle in. The 'Borris' bikes and blue lick of paint over yellow lines and gutters to denote a cycle path have not, in my opinion, led to anything resembling 'critical mass' or a safe and respected cycle highway.

Sorry, as a London bike commuter since 1975, I cannot agree that London is a "terrible" city to cycle in.
A bit invigorating at times maybe. I just wish they would get rid of all cycle-lanes and other such painted on nonsense.
smile.gif

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sorry, as a London bike commuter since 1975, I cannot agree that London is a "terrible" city to cycle in.
A bit invigorating at times maybe. I just wish they would get rid of all cycle-lanes and other such painted on nonsense.
smile.gif

Agreed.

Extending congestion charging would help too.

oldroadman

Veteran
I have no idea how all us oldies survived without a bit of plastic on our head. Why, we even RACED without them. Horrors!! If there was ever a masterpiece of marketing this is it, create a perception of a problem because you (Bell started it) are not selling enough motorbike helmets, and see a huge potential market. Then hey! We have just the thing for you! And away we go....
I just wonder what all those French/Belgian/Danish/Dutch people, happily riding about in ignorance of the terrible helmetless dangers they face, think about us (and the rest who have been seduced).

Still riding (slowly nowadays), still no helmet, amazingly still here despite the odd "off".

Clandy

I have no idea how all us oldies survived without a bit of plastic on our head. Why, we even RACED without them. Horrors!! If there was ever a masterpiece of marketing this is it, create a perception of a problem because you (Bell started it) are not selling enough motorbike helmets, and see a huge potential market. Then hey! We have just the thing for you! And away we go....
I just wonder what all those French/Belgian/Danish/Dutch people, happily riding about in ignorance of the terrible helmetless dangers they face, think about us (and the rest who have been seduced).

Still riding (slowly nowadays), still no helmet, amazingly still here despite the odd "off".

I didn't survive. I'm one of the countless millions who died from not wearing a helmet through the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom