Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A wink makes it easier :thumbsup:
Did anyone else misread that?

Neither me or Mrs TF would ever wear a helmet on the road and in the last few days when we had high temps she rode bear headed and said how fantastic the wind in her hair felt [normally wears a beanie or cap].
I have always wondered why cyclists didn't die in their droves from head injuries before the marketing men came along, especially after hearing soooo many stories of how a helmet "saved my life". So I looked around and found this:
http://www.cycle-helmets.com/results.html

NotFabian

EACC
I always do, just got into the habit. I do however, from time to time, get the desire to not bother. Unfortunately I'm the unlucky sort that on that day, I'll spin round a corner to be confronted by a nun driving a chieftain tank on the wrong side of the road whilst feeding her three humped camel and reading "The sisterhood of the travelling pants" so I tend to just put the stupid thing on.

ohmy.gif

forwater

I do! I got it in my initial burst of excitement over finally owning my own bicycle. I was buying all sorts of things- tire levers, bicycle pump, a new kickstand, etc etc, so I picked up a helmet along with it.

I don't actually mind it too much. I felt awkward at first, but I'm getting used to it pretty quickly. It protects my skull, what can I say?

Bonus points: it (being blue and black) matches my bike (which is blue and green and silver and black).

davehann

if you dont wear a helment it cant protect your head!

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

I've asked my dad what he does. I had a feeling he was in the "no thanks" camp, but I know I've seen plenty of pictures and videos of him wearing one. His summary was that he doesn't like them, but wears one to appease those in favour of them. I suspect he means it keeps my mum happy. That's pretty much how I feel. I reckon I'll probably cave in and get one to keep OH happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom