Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My Parents effectively forced me too when I was a teenager...

then I came off (over the handlebars) through my own stupidity and headbutted the ground... then the bike landed on my head :ohmy:

Ouch that brings back painful memories. As a teenager I too once took a trip over the handlebars and one of the chainstays gave me a nasty whack across the ear. It REALLY hurt.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with helmets....errr..... I wasn't wearing one and miraculously I am still here?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ouch that brings back painful memories. As a teenager I too once took a trip over the handlebars and one of the chainstays gave me a nasty whack across the ear. It REALLY hurt.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with helmets....errr..... I wasn't wearing one and miraculously I am still here?

All part of the trials and tribulations of a youngster growing up...It's a wonder how we ever survived... Someone must think of the children!

..... and with the help of a fairy God Mother could turn it in to a helmet :rolleyes:

Cinders suitably equipped for the ball - Prince charming had two left feet and had been known to trip his partner

4991741982_67b531d139_z.jpg

On a more serious note - fruit has been used elsewhere

When motorcycle helmets were introduced in Nigeria a few years ago all sorts of methods were used as reported bythe BBC

Mind you they also have an interesting reason for not wearing a helmet

Stories have also appeared in the local papers highlighting passengers' fears that the helmets could be used by motorcyclists to cast spells on their clients, making it easy for them to be robbed.

"Some people can put juju inside the helmets and when they are worn the victim can either lose consciousness or be struck dumb," passenger Kolawole Aremu told the Daily Trust newspaper.

What trsleigh said.

suffolkcindy

Twice the tiny peak on my helmet has saved my face when hitting rock while mountain biking..and once a road helmet has saved my life as it got completely smashed to bits when I hit a hidden pothole under muddy water (unavoidable due to traffic).

I wouldnt been seen dead without one :biggrin:

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

I'm also on a pregnancy and parenting forum, and it looks like I've started the equivalent of an ear-piercing thread
laugh.gif
They go on for pages and pages with random popcorn/scare stories/allegations that it's abuse too...

I'm still not sure one way or the other tbh. I like not wearing a helmet, but have had a couple of wobbles and bashed my leg with the pedals so am rather aware of just how fragile I am.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I'm also on a pregnancy and parenting forum, and it looks like I've started the equivalent of an ear-piercing thread
laugh.gif
They go on for pages and pages with random popcorn/scare stories/allegations that it's abuse too...

I'm still not sure one way or the other tbh. I like not wearing a helmet, but have had a couple of wobbles and bashed my leg with the pedals so am rather aware of just how fragile I am.

It's only on page 16, plenty more life left in this one yet

Norm

People who ride bikes with pierced ears should be banned. They are a law unto themselves, what with all their lycra and not stopping for red lights and wobbling around in the road with all that extra weight on their heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom